Does it cost extra to get dish installed on a pole?

purvis

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
vs on the roof? when I fist ordered Dish they seem to indicate there would not be a extra charge. But, when the installer came; he indicated it would be an extra $60. :no

It really depends.

One of my three dishes had to be installed in a pole. The installer (Dish truck, not a sub-contractor) used a cementless pole, just like the one in the picture below:

CPM-42.jpg

Officially, I wasn't charged for it, but I still gave him a $40 tip because he did one hell of job installing the whole thing..

As I understand it, the preferred method for mounting a SuperDish is in fact on a pole and NOT on a roof. In my area, we use a SuperDish for local channels so the installation company has plenty of poles and cement on their trucks....

Like the previous post said, it all depends. The RSP I work with has no charge for pole mounts, but they DO charge extra if the burial of the line to the home exceeds 50 feet. The cost they charge is $59/hour AFTER the 1st 50 feet

unless you are using about a thousand pounds of concrete there is no way you could spend 60 bucks on a pole and concrete

The actual cost for a D500 pole at Lowes or home depot is between 7-8 bucks around here. One bag of quickcrete runs about 4-6 bucks.

The extra comes in at time. it takes more time to dig, level, bury cable and mount the dish than it does screwing 4 lags in an eve. Time=money in this business.

fishman said:
unless you are using about a thousand pounds of concrete there is no way you could spend 60 bucks on a pole and concrete
Hey no problem - you come do my pole installs and charge the customer for concrete and pole. :D

I work for a Dish "dealer" and when they sell the system they chatge $59.00 for a pole mount and pay me $24.00 The Dish "dealer" that I work for also does Dish Network referrals and when there is a pole mount on the referral installs there is no charge to the customer for the pole mount and I still get paid $24.00 I preferr to do the Superdish installs on a pole so needless to say when I do an install for a this Dish Network dealer that they sold, I always tell the customer to refuse to pay for the pole mount, hell, their not going to pass up a $400.00 sale for a $9.00 pole and $2.00 bag of concrete. To summerixe, if they want to charge you for a pole mount, tell them no thanks, you'll call another retailer or dealer.

I recently installed my own pole. The pole cost $6 and the cement, quick-setting, was $3.15. Installing it was a snap, took about 10 minutes. Then I waited 40 minutes, found it to be pretty hard set, and installed the dish.

All told though, a $59 charge doesn't sound too bad, considering that it does consume more materials, more time, and requires finding a workable site in your yard, cable burial and careful grounding.

We don't charge anything for installing a post and concrete or trenching up to 50'. However, if your install requires it the tech might make you have locates done before putting the post in.

Why do I need an installer?

Thinking about getting Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)