Doh!! What happened to my KU?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
So, last night i wanted to watch PBS. Tuned to 125w and nothing. Tuned to 89w nothing. I even noticed my dish was moving. What the HECK??? It's been so reliable? Wind? LNB? Nice clear day today, thought i would look at the dish to see if i could see anything visually obvious. The RG6 from the lnb to the motor is just hanging down. It unscrewed itself!! Grabbed the ladder, climbed up and hand screwed it back in. Walked back inside, and WALA. :bow

Being i ran out of good weather, i still have the cables hanging down not tied to the dish. I suspect that running the motor back and forth slowly loosened it right off. I'm looking forward to spring so i can button everything up nice and neat.

I am just happy it wasn't an alignment issue. It's just too cold to be fiddling with it. :confused:

So, last night i wanted to watch PBS. Tuned to 125w and nothing. Tuned to 89w nothing. I even noticed my dish was moving. What the HECK??? It's been so reliable? Wind? LNB? Nice clear day today, thought i would look at the dish to see if i could see anything visually obvious. The RG6 from the lnb to the motor is just hanging down. It unscrewed itself!! Grabbed the ladder, climbed up and hand screwed it back in. Walked back inside, and WALA. :bow

Being i ran out of good weather, i still have the cables hanging down not tied to the dish. I suspect that running the motor back and forth slowly loosened it right off. I'm looking forward to spring so i can button everything up nice and neat.

I am just happy it wasn't an alignment issue. It's just too cold to be fiddling with it. :confused:
Glad to hear it was a simple fix. :) They are calling for more snow here tomorrow and a wintry mix Tuesday. Be glad to see Spring come myself. :rolleyes:

At least it was obvious so you didn't freeze your you know what off to trace it. Last winter I had something similar happen but the cable on the LNBF end was just loose enough to not have a good connection. Took quite awhile to trace that back. Of course these things only happen in winter!

Reactions: iBoston
Was there a DIRECTV truck in the neighborhood right before you lost signal?
shocked.gif

Reactions: iBoston
Oh my GOSH, you people got great senses of humor...If the floor wasn't so cold, I'd been on the floor laughing.:popcorn Yea, it 'ONLY HAPPENS IN WINTER' is right. Yesterday, fired up the tractor to try and lower some burns down created by the snow plows so the car doesn't get bottomed out entering the street from our driveway. She started right up, but the loader wouldn't budge an inch. I hope to gosh it was froze hydraulics and NOT something else more severe. It's been a cold winter.

Hopefully you don't live on a road numbered 103w directv guys are order to interfere with your dish. Then you can't figure out why receiver doesn't turn on. He he ha ha.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)