Done & finished....

PhuckNut

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
TT Recast 1.6 crashed. I will not be using it again. I tried. It almost made it a week.

What a disaster.
Whats going on over there that this thing is crashing?

3.2 Never Crashed - so thats where I go, AGAIN, for the 6th time, for a six release after the you had to "re-do" everything because you were attacked.

Whats more interesting, is, why did you guys abandon the entire OLDER product, when all you really had to do was "re-do" your security scheme?

I am so disappointed and frustrated that I just barely bring myself to write this considering now I missed recordings and miss a show.

In a fit of bad judgement I downloaded 1.6 (1.5 was working ok for me). Now 1.6 runs about 10 minutes and hangs each and every time. :(

pretzelboy said:
In a fit of bad judgement I downloaded 1.6 (1.5 was working ok for me). Now 1.6 runs about 10 minutes and hangs each and every time. :(

I am out investigating the other program mentioned Autiorecorder.com - its a little simpler and different. Unfortunately, the DEMO they have crashed, but at least they told me that the DEMO was built from an older version and many changes had since been made to the final "payed" for release. They were going to get back to me when he had a DEMO release made.

Other than that - I am back to the TT Classic.

wvernon said:
Ask TT if they care.

They obviously care. They spend a lot of time editing MY SIGNATURE to not show the open conversations at another forum. Too bad they do not spend that time programing and working on their memory management, watermarking, and spyware software to make it AT LEAST NOT CRASH.

Yeesh.

Argh

Had stern set to record at 3am. It got 204KB into my recording (out of 219,000KB) before dying, apparently.

"The instruction at "0x7c9111e0" referenced memory at "0x00000030". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program."

I still have NEVER had it record two days in a row without me having to intervene (by telling it to record the replay at night to make up for the fact that my morning recording crashed, or having to restart TT because my computer rebooted, or having to restart my computer because TT bsod'd it.)

This is with 1.6, of course.

If i had XM instead of sirius i'd be using different software by now.

How can I go back to say 2.5, which is the most stable release I had. Will my registration work for it?

This is the second time I purchased Time Trax because they refused to give me another reg code after my XM radio died. Actually, I never heard back from them on anything I asked. Crap, you would think XM is behind the BS.

ditto here too. TT 1.6 is incredibly unstable. If there is a 1.57 floating around out there let us know coz that was a stable build.

How 'bout that new forum that TT made? I cannot find a way to actually post a message. Nice way to keep the issues down.

1. It registers
2. It waits for email from TT
3. It clicks the link in email from TT
4. It gets navigated to help.timetraxtech.com
5. It attempts to login
6. It gets told that username/password is invalid
7. It clicks 'lost password' to see if It entered the password incorrectly
8. It goes to #5 and gets #6 again
9. Its puts the lotion on Its skin or else It gets the hose again

When you click the link in the e-mail is it getting the full URL?

Try cutting and pasting it into your browser.

What browser are you using?

We have users logging in and registering to use the new system all day long without issue.

D.

liveswithmom said:
1. It registers
2. It waits for email from TT
3. It clicks the link in email from TT
4. It gets navigated to help.timetraxtech.com
5. It attempts to login
6. It gets told that username/password is invalid
7. It clicks 'lost password' to see if It entered the password incorrectly
8. It goes to #5 and gets #6 again
9. Its puts the lotion on Its skin or else It gets the hose again

Bahaha ...

Woodgya...yer about size 14....

I tried both Firefox and IE - both had the same issue "Invalid Username or Password".

I was able to register, heck, I was even able to request that my password be sent to me, but when I try to login I keep getting "Invalid Username or Password".

Crafty!

I just installed 1.6. It may just be me but I was very impressed how smooth everything operated. I can live with this version. About the only thing I would like to see is a new screen format that wasn't so bland but more like the original TT ... I'd like the retro-look. Maybe keep the current look as the COMPACT version but give us the option for a FULL-SCREEN TimeTrax that was more like the original TT and had more options and information upfront.

kingsman said:
I just installed 1.6. It may just be me but I was very impressed how smooth everything operated. I can live with this version. About the only thing I would like to see is a new screen format that wasn't so bland but more like the original TT ... I'd like the retro-look. Maybe keep the current look as the COMPACT version but give us the option for a FULL-SCREEN TimeTrax that was more like the original TT and had more options and information upfront.

There are skins for the 1.6 version. They are using an outside (third Party) skin maker to handle their skins - so you might be able to make your own to get it look like the TT Classic.

The only problem I'm having with 1.6 is that I end up with a folder for every file I record.My desktop is loaded with folders when I record Howard,then I have to organize them before I can listen to them.But besides that, 1.6 is working great for me.It seems alot more responsive than the 1.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)