Dot on screen comes and goes

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I have been seeing a dot on the screen for about a month. It is orange and black and on the bottom left of the screen. It did go away when I reset the receiver but it is back again. Thanks for any help.

I've had this happen a few times in the last year. Mine was sort of right-triangle shaped, and also in the bottom left part of the screen. Seems like it was there for both live and playback, and on all channels. The TV (a Samsung 4K) was pretty new at the time, so I contacted the place of purchase to get a technician out. He seemed to think it was more in the signal feed, and said to call back the next day if it was still there. It wasn't, so I didn't. It's happened once or twice since then, altho' never for longer than couple of days, and has always gone away by itself.

Hope this helps some!

I have been seeing a dot on the screen for about a month. It is orange and black and on the bottom left of the screen. It did go away when I reset the receiver but it is back again. Thanks for any help.

This is a know issue, they are working currently to resolve. It is not an issue with your TV. A temporary work around is to set the cursor to invisible and or turn the EPG banner on.

On my old HWS (it was replaced yesterday with a new one), I would see something similar to what some of you are describing, only mine was green and was kind of a triangular shape. Like with the others', it was at the bottom of the screen and seems to come and go.

As I think about it, I believe that my cursor setting, at that time, was for green. So it is probably the same as what the others are saying to do as a temporary solution. Next time this happens, I'll go into the cursor settings and change it to invisible.

QUESTION: In the settings, I've seen the "on/off" selections for EPG. But I must admit that I don't know what the EPG is or if it serves any vital purpose. Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks,
Chuck

QUESTION: In the settings, I've seen the "on/off" selections for EPG. But I must admit that I don't know what the EPG is or if it serves any vital purpose. Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks,
Chuck
EPG is "Electronic Program Guide". The "on/off" setting simply toggles the guide banner at the bottom of the guide on or off.

Mine appears as small triangles at the bottom of the screen pointing downward. I have seen as many as three at one time. They appear to be black and when they come, it means that I might soon get a spontaneous reboot. I think it's due to heat but I'm not sure. Rebooting the Hopper makes them go away.

Extra OWNED hopper 2

Downgrade to one Hopper 3?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)