DouNodes are a doozy!

cjlee89 said:
We currently have a single node hooked up. I will suggest this Monday evening when they come back. So lift the ground to get things going 100% and then re-attach it? I should mention the ground looks to be going up towards the dish...

There should be a ground write connected to both sides of the DuoNode. One side goes up to the dish, the other to the ground. You only need to disconnect the side that is going to the ground.

I just checked my DuoNode and noticed that the installer left it disconnected. I know he tested it again before he left, it must have brought the signal level down again when it was reconnected. My ground wire was connected to a good electrical ground and not directly to a water pipe or grounding rod. I'll probably end up driving a ground rod near the install site.

There should be a ground write connected to both sides of the DuoNode. One side goes up to the dish, the other to the ground. You only need to disconnect the side that is going to the ground.

I just checked my DuoNode and noticed that the installer left it disconnected. I know he tested it again before he left, it must have brought the signal level down again when it was reconnected. My ground wire was connected to a good electrical ground and not directly to a water pipe or grounding rod. I'll probably end up driving a ground rod near the install site.

Thats probably what we will have to do. Currently we cannot ground the node where it is located.

Alright, The techs and I got this working yesterday evening. All TV's were working with HD and local channels. This morning I turned on the TV and I could not view any of the local channels and some of the non-local channels. Only some of the movie channels were showing. I tried a check switch and it said it was not connected to the node.

Latest report: We found out there was current coming through one of the connections coming into the duo node. We switched outlets on a different circuit in the house and that connections was dead....still no change. We could not get hoppers to see all 3 satellites through the duonode. To test the technician hooked up a DP44 switch to 2 solo nodes and everything is working except the hoppers are seperated as well as the joeys to the appropiate lines. I am mind boggled...

cjlee89 said:
Latest report: We found out there was current coming through one of the connections coming into the duo node. We switched outlets on a different circuit in the house and that connections was dead....still no change. We could not get hoppers to see all 3 satellites through the duonode. To test the technician hooked up a DP44 switch to 2 solo nodes and everything is working except the hoppers are seperated as well as the joeys to the appropiate lines. I am mind boggled...

I wonder where the current is coming from.... The current is still there even with the Hoppers unplugged? Has the LNB been replaced?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

We are pretty sure its the receiver sending current through the coax. We switched outlets and it seemed to stop. Any other way to test this? I know the house is wired to the outlets with only 2 wire (positive and negative, no ground). This is why we switched to a new part of the house where there is ground and the current was no longer there.

The LNB has not been switched out. Should we look into that even though it works perfect every other way except through the duo node?

cjlee89 said:
We are pretty sure its the receiver sending current through the coax. We switched outlets and it seemed to stop. Any other way to test this? I know the house is wired to the outlets with only 2 wire (positive and negative, no ground). This is why we switched to a new part of the house where there is ground and the current was no longer there.

The LNB has not been switched out. Should we look into that even though it works perfect every other way except through the duo node?

Yes I would look into it. I assume they've replaced the offending Hopper?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Not replacing it might be their problem right there...
Another pink screen of death, I will have them replace the hopper.

Also the setup we have currently to test is the 3 main satellite lines going into a dp44 switch, and then into 2 single nodes...essentially tricking the system like it has 2 dishes. This setup has been working flawlessly for the last couple days...albeit the hoppers and joeys are on seperate networks and not able to connect to any hopper we want.

We got a call from the senior tech today stating they are having the same issue in another county and mention that the hoppers are trying to "talk and link" to each other and confusing the whole setup. They were trying to put what he called "blockers" to keep this from happening....we shall see.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)