DPH 42.

Obviously Internationals is more of a factor than 2 Hoppers for a family of 7 or less people.
This is likely the primary motivating factor for Dish developing this switch - Dish is very popular with folks who want their 'home' programming.

The Hopper has, or did, have the largest HDD available in DVRs from cable or satellite companies and people still need separate DVRs for the husband and wife's recordings ? I sure as hell hope these people don't have kids !! "OMG, my DVR is cluttered with kids shows ! What will I do ?" :eek::eek::eek: Our DVR (just checked .... it's still showing recordings from our H2, which was replaced by a H3 weeks ago !) has everything from Nova, Frontline, Malificent, Prince (the singer) documentaries, Walking Dead, Pretty Little Liars, and so on and no one has any trouble.

Reactions: Troch77
This is likely the primary motivating factor for Dish developing this switch - Dish is very popular with folks who want their 'home' programming.

The Hopper has, or did, have the largest HDD available in DVRs from cable or satellite companies and people still need separate DVRs for the husband and wife's recordings ? I sure as hell hope these people don't have kids !! "OMG, my DVR is cluttered with kids shows ! What will I do ?" :eek::eek::eek: Our DVR (just checked .... it's still showing recordings from our H2, which was replaced by a H3 weeks ago !) has everything from Nova, Frontline, Malificent, Prince (the singer) documentaries, Walking Dead, Pretty Little Liars, and so on and no one has any trouble.
And Dish Has a Huge International offering, That a New Customer with a Hopper 3 can't have.
Thats a large motivation factor to release of this switch. IMO

Multi family dwellings, I don't believe this is the answer at all.

A 2 family dwelling maybe, But you can't have Just Joeys in apartment's
Then you are sharing a playlist with people you don't know?
No don't think so.
Thats account stacking.
This switch will be good for that apparently.

Multi family dwellings, I don't believe this is the answer at all.

A 2 family dwelling maybe, But you can't have Just Joeys in apartment's
Then you are sharing a playlist with people you don't know?
No don't think so.
Thats account stacking.
This switch will be good for that apparently.
DPH42 would be required anywhere you have a single Dish serving multiple receivers if one or more is an H3. A single dish serving a block of Condos/Townhomes/Apartments isn't account stacking.

DPH42 would be required anywhere you have a single Dish serving multiple receivers if one or more is an H3. A single dish serving a block of Condos/Townhomes/Apartments isn't account stacking.
Dish wouldn't be installing these in condos, Each customer would get a seperate Dish hooked up.
Same as now.

Dish wouldn't be installing these in condos, Each customer would get a seperate Dish hooked up.
Same as now.
Yeah, they could. I've heard of some condos, apartments, etc that don't allow dishes (and don't violate OTARD) but do provide a "community" dish or dishes that people have to use. It's not perfect, but it can work.

Yeah, they could. I've heard of some condos, apartments, etc that don't allow dishes (and don't violate OTARD) but do provide a "community" dish or dishes that people have to use. It's not perfect, but it can work.
Exactly. It does exist in the wild. How common it is I don't know, but I do know a couple of complexes nearby that are like this. I imagine a reseller has the account and not Dish directly.

This is a question for installers. The DPH42 could solve a big problem for RVers that use a Winegard Trav'ler automatic roof dish with a Hopper 3. Changing the LNBF on the dish with a DPH does work but satellite seeking became a long period because the signal the dish uses to seek with isn't very good from the DPH. The DPH42 switch would allow the Trav'ler to use a standard DPP LNBF while allowing the Hopper 3 to work.

With that in mind I would be looking at installing a DPH42 switch on the roof of the RV. On the label on the DPH42 in the photo of the DPH42 at SolidSignal says "Mount This Side UP". Is there really a concern about a switch being mounted vertically?

My Dad still has Dish and is interested in the Hopper 3. Currently, he has a pretty standard HwS setup. However, he has a two dish setup for what I think is all WA satellites (and as I understand it, a two dish setup is currently incompatible with the H3). Will the DPH42 allow him to use his existing Dish/LNB setup and get an H3?

Reading through this thread, it sounds like that is the case, but I wanted to clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My Dad still has Dish and is interested in the Hopper 3. Currently, he has a pretty standard HwS setup. However, he has a two dish setup for what I think is all WA satellites (and as I understand it, a two dish setup is currently incompatible with the H3). Will the DPH42 allow him to use his existing Dish/LNB setup and get an H3?

Reading through this thread, it sounds like that is the case, but I wanted to certify.
In theory, yes. From a technical view, it should work. What Dish's business practices will be and what is officially supported we won't know until release.

Speaking of multiple TVs, we are looking at replacing our jetted tub with a fancy shower enclosure with all sorts of features. Can't get away, at the high end, from a built in TV and phone. Analog, of course.

I don't want a TV in the shower, and I CERTAINLY don't want an analog TV, period.

I wonder how long those units have been sitting in a warehouse...

Dates from Dish don't mean a whole lot..... Tell him to wait and you'll keep an eye on this thread ;)

The only problem with waiting, he was wanting to do the 2yr price lock before the price went up, but then he'd be in a new contract and not able to upgrade to the H3.

Can he live without his local channels (and maybe some others) for a while ? I presume the satellite he can't see is the 129º.

I doubt it. What did you have in mind? Price locking now with an H3 and getting the switch when it comes out? My concern with this is what happens if the DPH42 is vaporware or hard to come by?

I need to get over to his place to see exactly what his setup is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)