DPP & 61.5

SSpeeder99

Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Tx
I currently have a DISH DPP 1K.2, hooked up to a single ViP622. using sats 119,110, & 129. Is it possible to also somehow get it to use the sat on 61.5. Reason im asking is because I understand that the locals here in Austin are on this sat, and I've also heard that it could help having both sats for locals in the even of bad weather. What would I need to do to get this to work? any suggestions?

You need another dish, either a dish 500 or 300 with a single or dual lnb pointed at 61.5. Then a coax from that dish to the input of the 1000.2, run check switch and you're good to go.

THanks bross!

DOes it really matter if its a single or dual lnb? DO you know if there is any fancy sat mounts that will allow for two dish?

It's not going to help having both satellites in the setup. Most of the time, the Dish receiver will use 129 over 61.5. So if you lose signal on 129, it will just say loss of signal, it will not automatically switch over to 61.5. It's not designed to do that since that is not a standard installation.

get them to replace the 1K2 w/ a 1K4 so you can get your locals.

That's not what he is trying to do... Austin, TX HD locals are on 129 and 61.5, he was in hopes that if for some reason 129 has rain fade and 61.5 does not, the receiver would switch over to 61.5. But it doesn't work that way....

722 Ethernet problems

Greensboro, NC HD locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)