Dr Who s05e10 - Vincent and The Doctor

Vincent
still had commited suicide, despite the Doctor and Amy having firmly convinced themselves that "time can be rewritten"

Caught a few minutes of this live on BBC One. It's disheartening to see that they do exactly the same stuff over there as the US networks do when the end credits roll. I didn't see whether they had all the other screen spam we have to put up with though.

I thought it was a good filler episode to help get them to the upcoming finale.

Yes they talk over the end credits on most British shows too. Some of the channels have a constant annoying channel logo but usually they don't get the spam during programming. There was a case a few weeks ago during the Time of Angels episode that they spammed the final minute of Doctor Who with a Graham Norton promo on BBC One but thankfully it wasn't on BBC HD. There was a large public outcry and BBC had to issue an apology.

I have no problems getting episodes of TV series off the internet that are never shown in the US let alone made available via DVD. I have been catching some Australian TV this past year or so and they get some of the screen spam promoting the next show, when they come back from commercial break. Usually it is just a quick graphic then it is gone. Nine Network keeps their logo on screen for the entire show can't really remember if ABC keeps it on all the time. I think they have something on there. I seem to remember a Masterchef logo is on screen during the entire episodes of Masterchef Australia. It is getting harder to keep finding episodes of some of the more obscure British, Australian and Canadian programming that we have come to enjoy. See everyone wants to watch our crappy reality programming instead.

I agree, Vincent and the Doctor is by far the Best Episode of this Season.
Just got back from Ocean City this weekend and watched Leonardo last night.
I agree, very good episode.

My wife and I was thrown off by how they pronounced Gogh. We always though it was more like "go" instead of "golf"

Was I the only geek who noticed the "Underworld" connection in this one? The art expert at the mueseum actor and Van Gogh actor were both in the "Underworld" movies playing the elder vampires.

-Mike

Apparently the TARDIS translates Dutch into Scottish accent, thus the pronunciation of the name.

Was I the only geek who noticed the "Underworld" connection in this one? The art expert at the mueseum actor and Van Gogh actor were both in the "Underworld" movies playing the elder vampires.
hahaha, I missed that, and I've seen the Underworld movies several times, good catch.

Ion To Strip 'Without A Trace' Weeknights, Starting In July

Showtime Revvs Up Web For NASCAR Series Simultcast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)