DrectTV and Dish satellites dishes interchangeable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

path

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
We have an extra Dish 300 with one LNB. Will we be able to use this with DirectTV if we change to their service?

Pat

That particular Dish Network legacy gear could indeed be used to receive the "core" (basic) DirecTV programming package(s) from their main satellite position at 101 degrees. Most locals and the newer high-definition channels, however, are on other satellites not receivable simultaneously, but if you can live without them you can go for it. You would of course also need a different receiver for the different satellite provider.

Last edited:
Thanks, we just wanted an extra dish for our RV to use when we are in a wooded area and cannot use the rooftop dish.

We don't use the locals when traveling anyway, just the Distant Networks.

thanks again for the info.

We have an extra Dish 300 with one LNB. Will we be able to use this with DirectTV if we change to their service?

Pat
Is that single LNB a Legacy or a Dish Pro LNB?
Are you a new customer to D* if so you get free installation and equipment.:)

I believe it is a Legacy LNB. Does it make a difference?

I realize we get a dish with the installation, we just need an extra one to take with us in our rv when we are parked in a wooded area.

thanks

I realize we get a dish with the installation, we just need an extra one to take with us in our rv when we are parked in a wooded area.

thanks

Try EBAY, or possibly in the forum classifieds, I would bet there are people with extra dishes laying around cluttering up closets !

Jimbo

thanks
Legacy will work with D* DP won't work.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts