DTV DVR R10 setup help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chelseafan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
Hi all,
I hope you can help me. I just bought a DTV R10 for my classroom and I want to use it to tape shows and show them to my students. I went through the hassle of activating the unit at home since I don't have a phone line in my room. When I set up the system back in my classroom it was still telling me I needed to activate the DVR service(I can't tape any shows). Now Directv keeps telling me I need a phone line all the time. Is that right? I thought I only needed it initially for the first time I set it up. What can I do? I have a directv goes to school account in my classroom.
:no :( :confused:

You just have to call them back and ask them to activate the dvr service. I don't think it has to be connected to a phone line for this. Just connected to a dish receiveing the sat signal.

Steve

nobra81 said:
You just have to call them back and ask them to activate the dvr service. I don't think it has to be connected to a phone line for this. Just connected to a dish receiveing the sat signal.

Steve

You need a phone line the 1st time you set it up.

chelseafan said:
Hi all,
I hope you can help me. I just bought a DTV R10 for my classroom and I want to use it to tape shows and show them to my students. I went through the hassle of activating the unit at home since I don't have a phone line in my room. When I set up the system back in my classroom it was still telling me I needed to activate the DVR service(I can't tape any shows). Now Directv keeps telling me I need a phone line all the time. Is that right? I thought I only needed it initially for the first time I set it up. What can I do? I have a directv goes to school account in my classroom.
:no :( :confused:

You need to do your phone line setup, after that you can remove the phone line.

grydlok said:
You need to do your phone line setup, after that you can remove the phone line.

Is it ok if I set made the call from home and then I hook it up in my classroom? I went through all the calling, downloading, processing, etc. at home because there is no phone line in my classroom.

:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

D* service plan

MNF distortion on ABC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)