Dual Stereo MP3 (Timetrax 3.4.7)

silencio

Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
This may be moot now but I'll post in case anyone has run into and resolved this problem.

When I record in dual stereo MP3, the left channel records at a normal volume and the other channel is almost completely muted. The recording/playback input levels/balance are set correctly. When I use Joint stereo or PCM (wav) data the audio is recorded correctly. This is all verified by my ear while adjusting balances and with my wav/mp3 editor.

Is this a known bug? I'm using joint stereo now and I can't really tell the difference between my own ripped audio with dual vs joint but I've heard that you get better seperation with dual...

Also, I've tried using Recast but it consistantly crashes :( Timetrax Classic 3.4.7 has been rock solid so I'll stick with this until Recast proves itself more stable (my machine is pretty solid and completely up to date on bios/drivers/firmware/apps so I'd have to lean toward Recast being a bit buggy for now).

I did not have this problem with the there being a specific channel being dead silent, I had a problem where there seemed to be no difference between the 2 while using TT but while using other encoders you could tell the difference.

I also agree. I cannot use Recast until the reviews here (or other places) are better. Right now - the only one to be rock solid for me has been 3.2 and thats where I am staying...Just cannot risk it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts