Dual tuner adapter for OTA recording issues with Hopper3

NJeanA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2023
florida
I have a Hopper3 with a dual tuner adapter for OTA that Dish Tech set up for me in June.
I only have 1 local channel that I set up in my guide (My local CBS that is no longer carried by Dish)
I do have the local channels package w/Dish, just not CBS.
I have an intermittent issue with DVR Timers that I manually set for the OTA channel CBS, but recording does not occur. (not a series recording, just "this" episode only)
It shows in the guide as being set up to record, however it does not.
I am not attempting to record on more than 1 OTA channel.
Last night, I set manual timers to record at 8pm, 9pm and 10pm -- 3 different FBI shows that were rerun broadcasts on local CBS OTA transmission. The station comes in strong to watch it live. I double checked the timers were showing on each episode - but this morning I went to look for them and they are not to be found.
I just replaced my Hopper3 in June.
Any ideas or suggestions?

I have a Hopper3 with a dual tuner adapter for OTA that Dish Tech set up for me in June.
I only have 1 local channel that I set up in my guide (My local CBS that is no longer carried by Dish)
I do have the local channels package w/Dish, just not CBS.
I have an intermittent issue with DVR Timers that I manually set for the OTA channel CBS, but recording does not occur. (not a series recording, just "this" episode only)
It shows in the guide as being set up to record, however it does not.
I am not attempting to record on more than 1 OTA channel.
Last night, I set manual timers to record at 8pm, 9pm and 10pm -- 3 different FBI shows that were rerun broadcasts on local CBS OTA transmission. The station comes in strong to watch it live. I double checked the timers were showing on each episode - but this morning I went to look for them and they are not to be found.
I just replaced my Hopper3 in June.
Any ideas or suggestions?

Is your hopper connected to the internet? If you DM me your receiver ID I can remote into it and look at your timer schedule to see what happened. I can also have someone take a look at your timer database (it could be corrupt).

Thanks

Is your hopper connected to the internet? If you DM me your receiver ID I can remote into it and look at your timer schedule to see what happened. I can also have someone take a look at your timer database (it could be corrupt).

Thanks
Hi Josh. No internet. is it something you can direct me to look at?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hi Josh. No internet. is it something you can direct me to look at?
DVR -> Schedule -> search for the recording that did not fire in the past (usually just scrolling up will take you to previous days). You should ideally see the event that was skipped, and you can tell it was skipped by a strikethrough on the title, if you move the focus to that skipped timer it should tell you on the right hand side of your screen why it was skipped.

DVR -> Schedule -> search for the recording that did not fire in the past (usually just scrolling up will take you to previous days). You should ideally see the event that was skipped, and you can tell it was skipped by a strikethrough on the title, if you move the focus to that skipped timer it should tell you on the right hand side of your screen why it was skipped.
Thank you. I will check that out when I get home from work. At least then I can narrow down the issue.

Make sure your timers do not overlap.
Not to be contrary or anything, but how would that happen? He wants to record a show on one channel at 8PM, 9PM, and 10PM. He's got a dual-tuner OTA dongle. IMHO it should record Program 1 on one tuner, Program 2 on the 2nd tuner, and Program 3 back on the 1st tuner. It sounds to me as though the logic of recording off the OTA dongle is messed up.

Not to be contrary or anything, but how would that happen? He wants to record a show on one channel at 8PM, 9PM, and 10PM. He's got a dual-tuner OTA dongle. IMHO it should record Program 1 on one tuner, Program 2 on the 2nd tuner, and Program 3 back on the 1st tuner. It sounds to me as though the logic of recording off the OTA dongle is messed up.
I have done this before for exact same shows/OTA channel last week and week prior, worked fine

this is the way that my hws records with my ota dongle

No problem, if the events don't exist in the schedule then you'd want to look at your timer in the list and make sure its configured correctly.
Hi, Josh. I did check and they showed in the schedule for correct dates & times. Show that timer stated & stopped at correct times. However, Recording Started & Stopped show: Not Applicable ??

Hi, Josh. I did check and they showed in the schedule for correct dates & times. Show that timer stated & stopped at correct times. However, Recording Started & Stopped show: Not Applicable ??

Can you try deleting the timer and re-creating it? Let me know if that fixes the issue...without an IP connection I'm unable to have anyone look into what's happening but we can try general troubleshooting steps (let me know if you've already tried that).

Can you try deleting the timer and re-creating it? Let me know if that fixes the issue...without an IP connection I'm unable to have anyone look into what's happening but we can try general troubleshooting steps (let me know if you've already tried that).
These timers were all manually set for one time only on these shows. I didn't set up as a series or repeat timers. So currently there is not a timer set for this.
This morning, I did reboot the receiver by pulling power cord, so not sure it that will help.
I did test record a show that was already in broadcast on the OTA channel/tuner and it did record it.

These timers were all manually set for one time only on these shows. I didn't set up as a series or repeat timers. So currently there is not a timer set for this.
This morning, I did reboot the receiver by pulling power cord, so not sure it that will help.
I did test record a show that was already in broadcast on the OTA channel/tuner and it did record it.

Its a recording timer and not an auto tune timer correct?

I am just guessing but do not know if this is even remotely correct and I could be 100% wrong but you did say you have the local channels package with DISH, would there be a possibility this in in conflict with Primetime anytime if it was enabled since you did mentioned the night hours?