Dumb Question. But I need to ask

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtorral

Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Portland Or
18 years ago I use to have a large dish with a Drake ESR receiver with a VCII unit. It was great. Especially having alacart programming. Now, I only see DISH, DTV or FTA. I heard 4DTV is dead and not worth investing into.

Having said that, I have been out of the scene for quite sometime. Is there a replacement technology to the old big dish, Drake, Toshiba, GI, etc receivers that let me have alacart programming? I'm tired of the 400 channel packages when I only want a few. I also hear that the FTA stuff is really buggy and made mainly in Asia. I wouldn't mind stuff made in Japan. I would like a good reliable solid solution.

Sorry to ask and old question. But I'm getting old :)

Q - Is there a replacement technology to the old big dish, - - that let me have alacart programming?
A - No. FTA isn't an alternate means to subscribe to 'cable' fare.
HITs(DCII) is still is available, but it's believed that the days are numbered and receivers aren't readily available.
Rumors have it that something new May Be available in the near future,-Please stand by - - -
A2 - FTA is pretty alacart though. Take a look at TheList (link on every page) and/or Mikes list at Mpeg Central
A
good reliable solid solution -
SatelliteAV's Geosat Pro microHD was designed with input from this forum and there's a forum area for support here.
:welcome to Satelliteguys

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)