Dumping Voom...

Seawaves said:
That's a nice package at Brighthouse!

And I thought the picture quality on the HD channels was pretty good too, until I got Voom. I can't understand why people complain about Voom's picture quality. Maybe I just haven't seen what HD is capable of?

Brighthouse packages kick ass for sure, and its not even pricey if you don't have high speed internet. Plus here we get all the OTA's too.

I'm writing our city council to get find out how to get another cable provider in here. Millenium Digital(aka bend me over cable systems) is a huge rip off with subpar programming, quality, and sh!tty internet service.

I just need to string a LONG line over here :p

Our local cable is just okay (Adelphia) but I've never tried the digtial pack, i keep basic for what Voom either does not give me or the east-west time shift problem that we here in the west live with.

Ken Thompson said:
And I thought the picture quality on the HD channels was pretty good too, until I got Voom. I can't understand why people complain about Voom's picture quality. Maybe I just haven't seen what HD is capable of?

You can't tell me that HDNet and INHD don't look 10-15% sharper than Voom's main HD channels overall.

Dvlos said:
You can't tell me that HDNet and INHD don't look 10-15% sharper than Voom's main HD channels overall.

They do and that's what started getting me pissed off at Voom! Voom promises the best HD and they don't have it.

Dvlos said:

I haven't compared those channels to Vooms main channels yet, but I will. How are you receiving HDNet and INHD? There is a possibility that they will look worse on my TV because of the compression used by my cable company. I already know that Voom's Discovery HD Theater looks a little sharper and brighter than the same channel on cable.

PGA Championship in HD

Sorry to say: VOOM's gotta go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)