Dune (2020)

Seems to be a lot of positive online buzz about Part Two. Will be interesting to see the numbers for this opening weekend.

Seems to be a lot of positive online buzz about Part Two. Will be interesting to see the numbers for this opening weekend.
Deadline says $81 Million for the weekend, which is good after Covid but not great.

Other movies after Covid have had much bigger openings, for example Top Gun 2 in 2022 did $126 Million over 3 days, $160 over 4, was the biggest surprise at how well it did.

It was not even the biggest 3 day opening that year.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Part 2 on Max on May 21. Have to rewatch part 1.
I watched it, cut too much and changed too much from the book, felt rushed, yet I was still bored.

The book is so dense, even with 2 movies, still not enough time.

Watched part 2 the other night after rewatching part 1. Enjoyed it alot. Been decades since I read the novel so I have no idea how faithful the films have been but felt good to me. Looking like there will be a part 3 taken from the Dune Messiah book. Can't remember if I read that one. Chances are I did.

Also watched part 2 about a week or so ago after rewatching part 1. It's not as faithful to the book as I was hoping for. Part 1 stayed fairly faithful to the novel, but part 2 took some liberties that I felt were rather excessively non-novel. It looks like a prequel series will happen before part 3. My issue is: there's no prequel that was written as a novel, so what will it be pulled from? Or will it just be "based loosely" on the novel?

Also watched part 2 about a week or so ago after rewatching part 1. It's not as faithful to the book as I was hoping for. Part 1 stayed fairly faithful to the novel, but part 2 took some liberties that I felt were rather excessively non-novel. It looks like a prequel series will happen before part 3. My issue is: there's no prequel that was written as a novel, so what will it be pulled from? Or will it just be "based loosely" on the novel?
There is a bunch of other Dune written by Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert (Franks son). I think the series in production is taken from one of their books about the Bene Gesserit.

There is a bunch of other Dune written by Kevin J Anderson and Brian Herbert (Franks son). I think the series in production is taken from one of their books about the Bene Gesserit.
Correct. I've read all of them (yes, it took awhile, better part of a year, in my spare time). And they can't really consider or classify a series about the Bene Gesserit as a prequel. Sure, I suppose they can call it that, if they want to, because it begins before the time of Paul Atredies, but it's still a stretch. It's a Dune-related novel, not a prequel as we generally think of prequels...

Alien Romulus

Godzilla Minus One