Dune Smart B1 Blu-ray + Media streamer

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
I'm doing some downsizing in my life, and one of my Dune B1 players is no longer needed. Besides playing Blu-rays beautifully (with the ability to output 1080p/24) it is a superb device for streaming media in your house.

It can play ripped media in iso format, MKV as well. My collection is mkv, but it supports other options as well. No issues with full bitrate blu-ray playback @ speeds exceeding 50 Mbits/second. Wired ethernet, but in theory it supports a USB WiFi as well. I have always used it wired so I can't comment on its performance with a WiFi adapter. It also handles a variety of music formats (FLAC/WAV/MP3/Ogg etc). It can even playback surround FLAC encodings.

There is an e-SATA port to which you can attach a drive with Media or you can attach to existing NAS devices. It supports CIFS / AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) / NFS. There are a variety of tools to build catalogs for movie playback so you don't have to scroll through raw directory listings. I have used Zappiti, Movienzier and Musicnizer with excellent results.

Original retail was $300 and it is in excellent condition. The picture doesn't do much justice, and yes there is a little dust on it. The Dune smart devices are not full sized components. It's barely wider than the blu-ray drive inside, and is about 10-12" deep. I have the original box and manuals as well.

Attachments

• dune-b1.jpg
    dune-b1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 100

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)