DVD Camcorder Help

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I need to record my presentation for school. I'm using a Hitachi DVDCAM camcorder.

My presentation will be no longer than 7 minutes as required for my class. I will then need to transfer it to my PC and compress it somehow to get it to be under 50MB so that I can upload it to the school.

I bought a mini DVD-RW for this since this is the format the camcorder uses.

Once I make the video recording, will I need to finalize the disc before my PC will be able to read it? How do I go about converting the file to an MPEG-4 file, since I believe that's the best one to compress it to?

Maybe quicktime pro? It is fairly inexpensive. There are some freeware MPEG-4 encoders lying around, just a matter of what decoders you have available? QT is fairly wide spread.

Do I need to finalize the DVD-RW before my PC will recognize the video?

Will Windows Media Encoder be able to transfer the DVD file type to an MPEG-4 type?

I don't think you can finalize a RW disc. I could be wrong though, but I have never had to when I have recorded on one.

Quick Question - if it's for a school do you have access to their labs, and if so, do they have Adobe Premiere or something on par with that???!? Make it a learning experience! :)

My school is all online.

I ended up using our digital camera which records movies as Quicktime MOV files.

My 8 minute 30 second presentation ended up being 132MB.

Thanks for the help!!

Thoughts on this Tablet PC?

need driver for twinhand tv card's remote control

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)