DVR Records/Deletes on its own? Please help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a Genie HR44-500 with two clients, and it seems something similar is happening to me:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/odd-entries-showing-up-in-history-list-as-deleted.340467/

P.S. Similar situation to yours, see at least my later posts in linked thread as my ideas had developed some. One difference though is that the shows I wanted to record are not randomly getting deleted, just the randomly scheduled garbage is.

My machine misses all the usual suspected criteria: HDD nearly empty, not scheduling these programs, auto-scheduling working fine on a small amount of intended programs and not causing this, network cable disconnected, dish not shared, not subscribed to premium channels that are randomly getting recorded and deleted.
Your Wife ?

My guess is that someone has access to the DVR from the outside, and is going through deleting stuff. Really need more info.

How would they be doing this? And how can I stop it? And what other info do you need?

One thought here, If you hit Menu, then Recordings, then choose Manage Recordings, then History, it will at least give you an idea of when a show was "Recorded" "Cancelled" or "Deleted" and if you have Whole Home, it will tell you "From what location" each event occurred.

For example, I can see in my list that "Buying the Bayou" was "Deleted" by LIVING RM Yesterday...

Can't promise this will help anything, but, it might show you more of what is going on.

We don't have Whole-Home set up. When we go into history it always says "deleted by viewer" but we're NOT deleting them! :(

Anyone know if the software updates are complete overwrites, or is there any old software left behind after an automatic update?
We don't have Whole-Home set up. When we go into history it always says "deleted by viewer" but we're NOT deleting them! :(

Still very similar to what is happening to my machines, except for you it is just on one machine. It is apparently "recording" and then "deleting" shows like "Real Sex" and "Polyamaory: Married and Dating", all from channels which we don't subscribe to, and are not in our favorites list. There is a "Fight Club" type of show that my machine seems to like too, so it is not limited to adult topics, but it is limited to pay channels we don't get and that are not in our favorites list.

After looking into it some, the activities seem to take place shortly after I have intentionally deleted individual shows or season passes. It also seems like they might be coming in shortly after a system reboot or firmware upgrade. It seems to happen repetitiously with about 5-10 titles, hence the suspicion. Could be some type of software bug. It happened on our machine ever since we got it about a month or two ago. (our first and only machine)

Try it plugged directly in to the wall outlet. No strip or surge protection. Certainly nothing to lose.

aj86. Just to go back to basics here. The DVR does NOT do this on its own. Not a software bug. And nothing to do with downloads. And you've replaced it also. Whatever is happening relates to something in your house.
I know you think you have tried all the possibilities but here's a few more.
Possible autorecord set up by title, keyword etc?
Somebody using a computer in your house and controlling the DVR via IP?
Somebody logged into your wireless router and controlling via IP? Change your router password to be certain of this.
Someone else connected to your dish?
Swap over your two devices and see if things change.

I was kind of hoping for some inside information myself, not the usual diagnostics for idiots type of info. When the HR44-500 updates its software, does everything get replaced? I know the season passes and user settings, and recordings stay, but how much else actually remains? How much gets overwritten? What are the possibilities that potential issues may not get resolved with a scheduled update? I only ask this because I have had mine for about two months and have seen an update in the history log shortly after I got it.

Hmm Ok. So maybe it is not specifically related to recent software regression. It was happening to me way before I stated using season passes or scheduled recordings, so I do not see how my input could be a factor. (and no, nobody else in the house is doing this...not my wife, not my step-dad) All I know is that something is occasionally happening which causes the machine to attempt to record, then delete. In some cases, the machine name is non-existent in the history log (as I have mentioned elsewhere). It is just blank. Nothing else is happening, so I am not going to place a service call. I am seeing something a bit different from the OP, whose scheduled shows are actually getting deleted. A variation on what appears to be the same type of event.

Status
Please reply by conversation.