DVR100c Timer problems ???

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
December 3rd the DVR started recording many hours again. The timer is still set to record for 33 minutes but the recordings went on for hours. Each file was 3965MGB (or something close to that). Is this a problem with the unit, with the power source or the auto update function?

When added to the clock drift, it makes this unit ALMOST useless to me. I need to leave the DVR unattended for up to 2 months at a time. As it is, I can not do this.

Right now, the unit is attended and on commercial power, and other than the clock drift, seems to be working --- but with the drift, recording starts 3 minutes late and then runs 9 minutes into the next program.

Glorystar1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 28, 2007
Roseville, California
3965MB would be the approximate size for a 4GB maximum length recording imposed by FAT32 formatting. There was no update since mid November, so no firmware or channel lists have been updated.

As a test, try turning off the Auto Update feature and see if the timer issue reappears.

We have contacted the uplinker to correct the time issue.

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Will do, but I will email you first with as much detail as I can see. Since no one else seems to be having this problem, It may be AC related, or it may be a problem with my receiver. I do not seem to have a problem while it is attended. I can not seem to keep the signal coming in so I have had to check the recording in the AM and if I miss the program on TBN, record it at night on Daystar. When I can get up on the roof woith the receiver and a TV I will adjust the dish and see if that cures the signal loss problem, then see if it messes up if I do not touch the DVR.
Probably not making sense. I am tired tonight.
I have another receiver here now and will try to figure out how to run both with out extra switches. I shoud be able to hook the DVR to the LNB - then the Coolsat or Mercury II to the loop and then not touch the DVR and just watch the rec to see if it works and watch TV with the other.

I am on cell phone only here and with trying to work on and sell the house I have run out of minutes!

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 17, 2007
I run my timers one minute early and one minute late to be sure I capture the start and end times of a program. I also use manual time adjust, fortunately I noticed a time error after the OTA and reset my time manually before my next timer. This could be a problem if I had an early Tuesday timer and an OTA put me back to default auto time adjust.

Glorystar1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 28, 2007
Roseville, California
Channel updates occur automatically when Automatic Update is selected and will not change the time setting from Manual to Automatic. Channel updates only modify the satellite, transponder and channel lists.

Firmware updates DO NOT occur automatically. The user must accept a Firmware Update. If you do not accept a Firmware Update, it does not occur. A Firmware Update refreshes the receiver with a new factory default file (reverting the time to the automatic default mode). If you are not available to accept the new Firmware update, the next timed event clears the on screen Firmware Upgrade approval prompt.

I run my timers one minute early and one minute late to be sure I capture the start and end times of a program. I also use manual time adjust, fortunately I noticed a time error after the OTA and reset my time manually before my next timer. This could be a problem if I had an early Tuesday timer and an OTA put me back to default auto time adjust.

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 17, 2007
I guess we have another mystery! I forced the update on the 23rd or whenever, immediately noticed the time went back to baseline. I went to manual, set the time and forgot about it. All was well until Tuesday morning when I noticed the receiver was on the All Channel list and as I tried to go to my Fav list I noticed the time was off several minutes. I then went to Time Adjust and found it to be on Auto.

As far as I can tell this is only the second time since last July that I have received automatic anything, and I have never received a prompt for a Firmware Update.

Glorystar1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 28, 2007
Roseville, California
Update: We verified that recent versions of the firmware update have not required the verification request before automatically updating. We will reimplement the verification requirement in a future release.

To eliminate potential timing issues, the OTA update process will revert to Auto Time if the Automatic Update Function is ON and automatically resync during the process.

As an advanced user, if you wish to have control over the time and channel lists, the OTA function must be OFF.

We apologize for the confusion!

Last edited:

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 17, 2007
Update: We verified that recent versions of the firmware update have not required the verification request before automatically updating. We will reimplement the verification requirement in a future release.

To eliminate potential timing issues, the OTA update process will revert to Auto Time if the Automatic Update Function is ON and automatically resync during the process.

As an advanced user, if you wish to have control over the time and channel lists, the OTA function must be OFF.

We apologize for the confusion!
Thanks, I don't know why but I hadn't considered turning OTA off. That will solve my problem.

BTW I had to force an OTA update to get the new S/W it had not occurred and I have never seen any message or flag regarding an update.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)