DVR1100c USB HDD Cant use file on PC

ttallos

Original poster
Dec 7, 2008
When I plug my 500GB HDD with the recorded shows on it to my PC I just see 1 file it looks a little like this axv6dk93f just 1 file that is a gobbeldygook name and I cant open it on my PC running XP Pro with VLC or VideoReDo Suite. The manual makes it sound easy just plug in the drive to the computer and play the shows. No Go on my PC. Do I need some kind of software to show the files. When I plug it into the DVR1100c the shows show up just fine and play. Help!

Try connecting the drive to another PC or Mac computer. This problem sounds like the computer is not reading the directory correctly. Was the drive formatted as FAT32 using the DVR1100c, or a a single partition drive with a MAC or SwissKnife?

The recorded files display the exact name on a PC as they appear on the DVR1100c. I use VideoReDo or Media Player Classic found at http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/ and regularly watch recordings from the DVR1100c on my laptop.

Thank you.... I used SwissKnife to produce a FAT32 file system not the DVR1100c on a 500GB SATA Western Digital HDD with a Vantec External Enclosure. The Drive worked right away with your system to do recordings and play I am happy with that. I have downloaded VideoReDo but have not used it. I have another laptop running media center and it did the same thing just one file that has a bunch of letters that is not even on the keyboard. Formating the drive with the DVR1100c fixed it! Thank you!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)