DW on 103w KU - EPG

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I reboot my receiver, and I'm still receiving EPG on other channels i know have EPG built into the Transponder stream, but it seems like the EPG data has stopped within DW. Can anyone else confirm this?

Hopefully, this is a temporary situation...

I’m getting it using my plain old Edision mio4k. Seems to be working as usual.

Maybe clear your EPG, and re-check.. It wouldn't erase existing.. It stopped sometime yesterday....
Still not working.. Ill check a secondary STB today...

Here's a screenshot from a couple minutes ago. It's the only EPG I get.
DW.jpg

Reactions: FTA4PA
Here's a screenshot from a couple minutes ago. It's the only EPG I get.

Did you clear your EPG first? DW pulls down 2 weeks of data. If your working off old data, then yes, you will see EPG. - You know you have cleared it, if you have no EPG on the channel before you tune to it.

Last edited:
No, didn’t clear it. About a year ago I couldn’t get any listings after midnight but it worked the next day. No problem because I download a .pdf from their website with the listings for one week.

Yea, im afraid they cheapened out... I hope it comes back, but luckily, since i already have EPG capabilities, i added DW to my download list, and I have EPG for it, however it is not NEARLY as detailed as their home-made EPG was... Ill miss the fantastic detail they put on many of their documentary films.

DW is probably the most watched channel for our family.

Reactions: N5XZS and FTA4PA
Here's the link for DW TV North America services.

Just scrow down to feedback and let them know their EPG is not working and do please encourage to bring up subtitles for hard of hearing and deaf people out there! ;) ;)

They do NOT list the channel @103w on their website, and they took down the EPG. Makes me wonder if they don't intend for that to be for the FTA community.

Reactions: N5XZS
Maybe pressure from the pay TV providers in USA even though DW TV is a state owned broadcaster by German tax payers? :rolleyes:

Their broadcast services is always have been FTA via satellite rest of the world, while the BBC is money hungry and not FTA friendly they used to be FTA planetwide satellite services, but not anymore.:(:hatsoff

They do NOT list the channel @103w on their website, and they took down the EPG. Makes me wonder if they don't intend for that to be for the FTA community.
They do list it is available for FTA, but they want you to e-mail them to ask about it, sort of a "yes it is FTA, but we don't want to make it too obvious" LOL!
"Information on free to air satellite reception:
General and local availability may vary by region and language in the Americas and the Caribbean. For further information, please write an email to info@dw.com and state the desired program language and the country."

Reactions: FTA4PA and N5XZS
I got a reply from DW today. Here is what they said :

We are sorry for the late answer. Out team in charge for satellite distribution informed the technical team of the satellite provider but did not receive an answer yet despite several follow ups. We kindly ask for some more patience and hope that the EPG data will soon be available again.

That gives me hope that it will come back! :)