Eagle Aspen C-band LNBF ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
I got all excited about this C-band LNBF when I saw the $29 price at the top of the Sadoun web page.
Clicking the link, it is obviously a price error, but...

I then found the data sheet on the Eagle Aspen site, and wondered about the extended frequency range.
I though all C-band LNBs had a local oscillator frequency of 5150 mhz.
This one lists 5.15 and 5.75 ghz (and doesn't say how you select them).

Are these so unusual, and who needs extended frequency range?
I didn't didn't have any luck searching for an answer.
Just curious...

The reason is because its a stacked LNB so it takes all H polarities, converts them to V and puts them up at a higher frequency (like DishPro in Dish land does)

pro-can hook more than one recoiever to it via a splitter and get both polarities at once
con-dual LNB LO

on the Coolsat there is a option for that combo 95150/5750). Just checked the Fortec and it does too :)

right before my eyes

Oh! :eek:
The word stacked completely escaped me.
This is sure a step forward.
I like it.
Wish the specs were a little better.
Hope it catches on.
Surprised all those receivers already support stacked on C-band.
Now, to lash three C dishes together with a DishPro DP-34 switch! :rolleyes:

Would like to see a similar step forward to something like the H180 motor but running with USALS !
(giving it separate 24/36 volt power leads would be fine)

This is sure a step forward.
yes it is
Surprised all those receivers already support stacked on C-band.
maybe they do that in Europe. I know stacked LNB's are big in Europe (oh wait...ANYTHING FTA is) so maybe that is why.
Now, to lash three C dishes together with a DishPro DP-34 switch! :rolleyes:
You could do that. It would be easier than 3 splitters and diseqc switches :D
You would just need a setup to support that (3 6 foot dishes or a couple big dishes)

When I set up my BUD blindly with an Eagle Aspen there were no markings on the lnbf to say what freq I should use so I guessed at 5150 and I got no signal. When I experimented with the lnb at setting OCS I suddenly did get a signal. I believe now that the reason was that OCS (One Cable Solution, not to be confused with OCS-DP, OCS Dish Pro) on my Coolsat automatically provides a dual LO setting.

in my defense . . .

In addition to the $29 price error mentioned above, the actual Sadoun page for the LNBF, lists:
  • Voltage-Controlled H/V Switching (13/18V)
as well as:

DC Voltage: 10 – 24 VDC (supplied by receiver through coaxial cable)

:D

HI Guys. Thanks for pointing the price error. It is actuatlly on sale for $29 for a few days. So when you add it to the shopping cart it will be $29 only. So if you are in the market for one, go ahead and get yours now before the price goes back up :D

This is a nice LNB that we sold a couple of years ago and had good feedback from users. It is built well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

922 info

Sci-Fi / USA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)