Early Christmas Present

JAS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
In the USA
First I thank all of you who have put effort into the AzBox and have shared your findings with the rest of us. You have saved me a lot of time and headaches in setting up my Premium Plus (Early Christmas Present) which I received today.

I do have a problem which I need help on and have not found an answer in searching and reading the forum.

It's related to the file manager. I have my network set up wireless and can use the required programs in ToolBox AZBox HD 2.0 so my network is working somewhat. The problem in the file manager is that I can connect to my PC and the shared folders show up but no files in the shared folders show up. When I make the DVD drive in the PC shared it shows and so do the files on the disk in the drive. I just don't know why files on the shared DVD drive show up and files in the shared folders will not

Thank you

I have decided to start over. I reloaded the latest 0.09.5020 bin but the steps in AcWxRadar's " Updating your AZBox firmware via USB and formatting the Application Area" guide do not work on this box. As stated in the guide -----

" When the AZBox reboots, somewhere during the process, it will read the USB drive and should identify the new patch file automatically. If and when it does, the AZBox will present you with an option menu of what to do next. This menu will contain the following five options:

1) USB
2) NETWORK
3) OTA
4) Format Application Area
5) Boot without updating"

I do not get this my box just boots up and I can reload the bin in the settings menu but no option to format the Application Area and all my input data except for channel list is still there?

Hi J A S
Here is another thought , take a good look at your shared folder on your pc . I'm thinking you my be looking at the wrong folder with your Azbox . Try renaming your shared folder on the pc that contains the files you want and make sure it is set up for sharing ( the hand under the folder ) then reboot your Azbox and take a look in your file manager.

Thanks, but I finally got the Application area cleaned :rant: and am in the process of setting up everything .

I found the following in the AZ Guide Version 2.4

- Enable Telnet server on your AzBox (11. Setup - Network Services - Telnet server : Enabled). - Connect to your AzBox IP address with a telnet client - Type the following command
Code: [Select]
mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/hda1 /MMP
rm -rf /PLUGINS
rm -rf /DISK2
rm -rf /MMP sync

On my box this had to be done before the box would boot to the menu where the Format Application Area is

Thanks again

Back up and running better than before I cleaned the AzBox. Blind scans are faster. Channel changes are faster too. But it still will not show any files in the shared folders. I'm at a loss on this issue!

Finally got File Manager showing files in my XP Home shared folders. The problem I encountered with the files not showing in the shared folders was Windows firewall. Even though I thought I had the firewall turned off in the Control Pane. And Norton Internet security had shown it was turned off and that Norton was the firewall, it was still blocking the AzBox from seeing files in the folders.

The firewall had to be turned off in Local Area Connection--Properties --Advanced too. Why, beats me.!protest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)