Early LNBF

stecle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Between the North and South Pole
I took down a C-Band system the other day which hasn't been used in many years. I noticed there was only a single RG-6 going to the feed horn which I immediately found odd.

After taking off the feed horn cover I discovered an LNBF. This system was installed in the early 90's and this LNBF has to be 25 years old.

Tee-Com was a major C-Band distributor here in Canada back in the 80's-90's. They had a line of products marketed under the Star Trak name, which were made by other companies.

This LNBF sure looks and feels like a Chaparral. When I get some free time I am going to see if it still works.

038.jpg 041.jpg 043.jpg

I took down a C-Band system the other day which hasn't been used in many years. I noticed there was only a single RG-6 going to the feed horn which I immediately found odd.

After taking off the feed horn cover I discovered an LNBF. This system was installed in the early 90's and this LNBF has to be 25 years old.

Tee-Com was a major C-Band distributor here in Canada back in the 80's-90's. They had a line of products marketed under the Star Trak name, which were made by other companies.

This LNBF sure looks and feels like a Chaparral. When I get some free time I am going to see if it still works.

View attachment 136144 View attachment 136145 View attachment 136146
i'm not sure when they started making C-Band LNBFs, but my first satellite system in 1990 had a Ku LNBF. The system was an Amstrad SRX-100 made specifically for SES's Astra 1A. It came with a 60cm fixed dish and a 1.8 dB LNBF. That LNBF lasted only a few years, but worked ok.

Reactions: k.r. and stecle
I just pulled off a slightly older version (going by serial number) of this LNBF this week. The dish is/was a 6ft Star Trak. I didn't bother with taking the dish.

I agree that it looks like a Chaparral. One reason I kept this was for the cap, in case I lose the one on my Corotor II.

IMG_20210408_1743387.jpgIMG_20210408_1743525.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)