Echostar 11 Earth Camera?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
BTW gdavisloop we are glad you are here! I think we all have tried a search - couldn't find something - then some else does it and they find it. We are here to help, and
:welcome
Bob

Not a newbee!

Thanks everyone for the support, but just for the record, I'm not really a newbee. I've been using my C-band dish every day since 1986, and I'm currently using nine FTA receivers. None of them seem to work right on DVB-S2 8PSK (NBC) or 720p (ABC/NASA)... which is why my quest continues!

Enjoy some pictures of my dish flying to my new house:

Attachments

• P1010367_smaller.jpg
    P1010367_smaller.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 186
  • P1010385_smaller.jpg
    P1010385_smaller.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 177
  • P1010387_smaller.jpg
    P1010387_smaller.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 182
  • P1010409_smaller.jpg
    P1010409_smaller.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 214
  • P1010422_smaller.jpg
    P1010422_smaller.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 182
Now , that's the way to get the dish into place! - :up
Welcome aboard, and two points for the pictures.

As a Dish subscriber I get some regular programming on channel 212.
I guess I'll have to search for the relevant thread and see what's up. - :D

Thanks everyone for the support, but just for the record, I'm not really a newbie. I've been using my C-band dish every day since 1986, and I'm currently using nine FTA receivers. None of them seem to work right on DVB-S2 8PSK (NBC) or 720p (ABC/NASA)... which is why my quest continues!

Enjoy some pictures of my dish flying to my new house:

Well sorry, I stand corrected! Not a Newbie to the hobby but a Newbie to the forums! :up

GREAT pictures!

Be nice to have a crane handy whenever we wanted to use one just for the big ones! :D

Again, Fantastic Pictures gdavisloop, I did enjoy them!!

B~Man
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Has anyone seen Dishnet's new Earthcam? Apparently there is a cheap camera on Echostar 11 showing 24 hour/day views of the west cost of the Americas.

Does anyone know if this channel is available FTA and if so, the coordinates?
(If scrambled - DON'T TELL ME where it is!)

thanks
--Gary

12.208 is the frequency, but someone with a BLSA will have to analyze it, as I can't even lock it right now.

That's odd... maybe a forum hic-up.
The link above by Smith goes to the wrong thread.
Here is the thread about the camera.
However, it was so boring, I only read the first page of seven!
... and so don't know why Channel 212 doesn't have the picture.
Maybe it was for Earth Day, only?
Lost interest. :cool:

That's odd... maybe a forum hic-up.
The link above by Smith goes to the wrong thread.
Here is the thread about the camera.
However, it was so boring, I only read the first page of seven!
... and so don't know why Channel 212 doesn't have the picture.
Maybe it was for Earth Day, only?
Lost interest. :cool:

I just checked via my Slingbox and 212 is showing correctly here.

The geostationary weather satellites used to transmit an analog signal (fax, not TV) so a dedicated amateur could receive them, but I think they've all gone digital. Although at least some of the data should be public domain, I don't know if anyone is producing affordable decoding equipment yet. The polar-orbiting weather satellites are still partially analog.

I remember doing that with an Atari 800 computer :) You could receive the FAX IMAGE!!! How cool at the time haha.

Hi I haven't been here in a while.I just discovered this channel.I've been watching for 30 minutes of what looks like the earth being eclipsed.How often do they update the pictures and when did this channel premeir?Is this a temporary channel or is it here to stay.I have the 250 channel pack is this channel available on others because I'm thinking of dropping some channels.

This is very cool!

I wish that it would go FTA though I mention it sometimes to people that I set systems up for and forget that it is on my SUB E* service! I really do not see what it would hurt to place it ITC for people to see.

It looks fake in the mornings here EST! I go by that channel just about every morning to check to see if we’re are being invaded by aliens, no luck as yet!

So I will still keep the tin-foil hat on so they can’t read my mind just incase! :D

Waiting for the shot like Independence Day one morning! Maybe they could straighten us out and show us some things! :)

I just wish the people can see this that I set up FTA systems for! :(

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

I wish someone would put up a live quality cam in orbit, that would be cool if FTA..

It would be really cool, surely a lot of agencies (meteorology, security, etc..) have access to similar cameras..

It wouldn't be long before it was taken down due to security concerns from some paranoid congressman.

We don't really need to see our neighbor mowing his lawn, just give us a nice view of the earth from space, that's all we ask. :up

I love Earth Channel. When the big meteor slams into the Earth we'll be able to
see the debris plume, just like when that meteor hit Jupiter. And if were lucky
enough to survive the impact we might see interesting things...like the atmosphere
catch fire.

earth1.gif

But I do have a questions. Does terminator line change during the year or
is it always at 22 degrees? I'm guessing it will always be tilted at the same
angle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.