Echostar 9/G10r problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
I haul my 19" TV out there with the receiver and a 25 foot cable when I need to tune satellites

(have to go tune my G10 too :)
I have a channel master meter that works well for DSS and even does ok with FSS for SD 121 and 105..
Recently I have met someone who is buying and selling FTA recivers and needs someone to install..After reading and learning a few things about FTA , I'm thinking about a purchase of a small tv....
Good idea?

charper1 said:
Isn't COPS syndicated? It comes on virtually everyday depending on the market.
From Wikipedia
In 1994, COPS went into syndication. This resulted in a slight dropoff in ratings consistent with other shows that have gone into syndication while still in production. Nonetheless, COPS has grossed over an estimated US$200 million since it has gone into syndication. COPS can be seen in syndication in the United States on the CourtTV, FX and Fox Reality cable networks. The show has also been licensed internationally through FOX and is seen in 40 other countries, although the format has been copied often.

john green said:
Yes Cops is syndicated but I have never seen it on a non-Fox station even in syndication.

I was stating that it comes on in numerous markets at various times and days, even out side of weekdays; the regular show it supposed to air on Saturdays, so the "only on weekdays" was what my comment was in response to. It had nothing to do with anything you posted.

It also airs on others like FX and A&E or CourtTV I think.

havenx said:
The COPS show is only on weekdays.. I think it comes on about 12ish central time.

Last edited:
Darn, I wish I could remember exactly what station it was but I have watched it every weekday for about a year... I am able to get KQUP, but still, half of my channels are not showing up... and my sig is strong on the ones that are showing up. Ah well... I am sure it will get better.... The leafs are starting to bud around here... Perhaps that could be a prob... I dunno.. I will play around with it in a few days if it does not get better.

back to the topic :)

2 of the 4 tranpsonders that Equity uses are really low quality right now

11799-main one is good. 75 quality on the Pansat
11719-one with Retro Jams. Kaput...15 quality max
12104-the one with KWTO ABC...KAPUT..15 quality
12114-the one with the UPN (and the Fox thats scrambled). 83 quality

other ones of note
Pentagon (12035)...60 qulaity
Research (11805)..99 quality

I still haven't found it I tried most of yesterday...I did at one point find the jcpenny channel so I knew I was on the right sat but SQ was fairly low 25% and in trying to get it in better I lost it all together and could never find it again (I did finally drag th 20 inch out there). I screwed up when I put the pole in and I think I am too close to the house for g10r (I was thinking the Elevation was higher than it is) plus I have so many trees. I finally just put it on AMC1 at least I can watch the news feeds. I am going to get a small tv before I fool with it again for sure.

On another note from another post on Satmex I did tune that one in and I get about 45 to 50% depending on channel maybe more and Iceberg I couldn't get BYU either (I'm sure its not aimed at me)

Get the barker channel on 121W then while watching the channel move dish until you loss it. Then blind scan and you should get 123W. After that pick a transponer and move the dish to fine tune it using the receivers build in meter.

Good luck.

This is also a good way to get IA 5. Get 95W then move to 97W

icstephen said:
I still haven't found it I tried most of yesterday...I did at one point find the jcpenny channel so I knew I was on the right sat but SQ was fairly low 25% and in trying to get it in better I lost it all together and could never find it again (I did finally drag th 20 inch out there). I screwed up when I put the pole in and I think I am too close to the house for g10r (I was thinking the Elevation was higher than it is) plus I have so many trees. I finally just put it on AMC1 at least I can watch the news feeds. I am going to get a small tv before I fool with it again for sure.

On another note from another post on Satmex I did tune that one in and I get about 45 to 50% depending on channel maybe more and Iceberg I couldn't get BYU either (I'm sure its not aimed at me)

"I'm going to get a small TV.".....Make certain that it's a color set. The no-quality bar can't be seen on a B&W TV using a Fortec NA. I've come to the conclusion that the no-quality bar does help in alignment. I do align mine with a B&W set now, but it took a lot of practice. For G10R, I took my dish off of the mount, sat it on edge in the yard, and kept it moving until I found the signal. Took about 15 minutes. It seems that once you find it, you can keep finding it no matter what.

cool thanks...I looked today at the mega-low mart and they had 13" color tv's for $60.00. I am going to wait untill I get my tax refund and I'm going to get a couple of more dishes and a switch and do it all at once.

If you want something cheaper, look around at local flea markets and you could probably pick up a cheap Commodore monitor from a Commodore 64 or Amiga for $10 or $20... That's what i use... A 13" Commie monitor and drag that and the receiver outside.

Alot better than trying to listen for the beeps from inside the house ;)

And the video resolution is alot better than a TV and clearer. They make excelent TVs too for watching.

And if you can find one of the older brown ones, they have the handles on the side and a flat top which would be great for carrying the receiver on top of it.

- Mike

This might sound stupid....Does the Fortec NA have sound for alignment? Mine seems to be mute. I always wished that it had some sort of tone. Thats OK- I'd rather be stupid with a tuning tone than not quite as stupid with none. :)

Nah....not stupid question. The Classic NA doesn't have a sound for the meter that I am aware of.

When I had dish network back in the day, the wireless headphones were great as their receivers gave out a sound. I've moved so much the last couple of years that the wireless headphones were a good investment :)

My last install with my FTA setup was basically done in a relay setup:

One guy on the roof and another in front of the tv :)

"Is it good....no......how about now?" :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts