Emotiva Debuts Entry-Level Preamp for $699

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Emotiva-UMC200.jpg

Emotiva just announced the UMC-200. It’s a 7.1-channel home theater preamplifier and surround sound processor that’s being billed as an entry-level product. However, it can crank out reference-quality performance for that reduced price.

Link

It is just an upgrade of the UMC-1. The UMC-1 was a nice little pre-amp for those with only a 5.x/7.x setup and limited rack space. The RMC-1 should be out sometime in 2013 but may be delayed a bit to give it 11.x. I did give some more money to Emotiva though. I ordered a pair of Airmotiv 5's for the computer room. Finally going to replace the Acoustic Research AV570's after 18 years of use. LOL Can't believe I've had them for so long. They are still a fantastic pair of speakers and I will use them when I set up computer displays at trade shows.

The Marantz AV8801 is a nice pre-amp. It is basically a no-holds-barred Denon AVR-4520ci without the amps. I'm good since I upgraded my Denon AVR-5308ci to 9.3 since I don't have room for Wides anyway. I have the ability to mimic a 11.x setup with freely-assignable amps but tweaking has to be done by hand after running Audyssey. Maybe when Dolby Atmos comes to the home I'll be ready for an upgrade. I already have a pair of good surround speakers hanging in the back of my room that I'm not using, so I'll be ready for Atmos with more height speaker options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts