EPG says all NYC channels off the air?

cj9788

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Miami, FL
It is weird but the EPG on my 625 says that WCBS WABC WNBC WNYW from AAD and WWOR and WPIX from my super station pack are off the air till 2am. But they are not.

It is weird but the EPG on my 625 says that WCBS WABC WNBC WNYW from AAD and WWOR and WPIX from my super station pack are off the air till 2am. But they are not.

says same here and im watching programming now on those channels

The screen will go all yellow on these channels for an extended period of time some time tonight. It happened last night I noticed at around 2 am on NBC. No idea why this happens, it's been a problem for a long time.

It is possible there is transponder encoder maintenance or some channels moving around which may cause an interruption of service for a little while. This happens every so often for all channels in the overnight hours usually on Wednesday nights/thursday morning between 2 and 5 am Eastern.

WNBC had a yellow screen earlier today and now says Sorry for the interruption, the channel will be back soon. I hope it is back by primetime and also that there is no interruption during SNL tonight because the guide says it is "off air". Last night when I checked the program following SNL was off air, but not SNL.

It's happening again tonight and I also see if I can get the OTA signal, that is saying "Off Air" as well. Channels start showing off air at 11:30PM and some at mid-night. All channels are showing programming starting again at 5AM.

I just tested a couple that happened to say off a few minutes earlier. 13 and 31. The guide says off the air but there is programming showing on my TV.

Last edited: