Epics/ stars merger?

Linear numbers don't tell the whole story and after GOT/SV/Veep the HBO numbers are pretty bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not saying you are wrong, but do you mind backing that up with something (stats, reports, etc) that steers you to that conclusion.?? Oh, and "linear numbers"??

Last edited:
Linear numbers don't tell the whole story and after GOT/SV/Veep the HBO numbers are pretty bad.

Considering HBO and Showtime both have boxing, I feel like this is incorrect. Anything to support your position, that is factual and not just hearsay?

Reactions: KAB
We're not discussing boxing, we are discussing scripts programming.

I thought we were discussing the overall numbers for HBO programming vs Starz, and any other competitor, as made by your claim that after those three shows, the ratings are poor. I would disagree. And boxing is why I would disagree

Not saying you are wrong, but do you mind backing that up with something (stats, reports, etc) that steers you to that conclusion.?? Oh, and "linear numbers"??

Vinyl (by far HBO's most hyped premiere in a long while) got 0.764 million viewers for its SERIES PREMIERE with the series low being 0.533 million. The leftovers season 2 premiere was at 0.713 million viewers with the season low at 0.519 million viewers.

Outlander received 1.46 million viewers for its season 2 premiere with a season low of 0.82. Power season 2 premiered at 1.42 million viewers with the season low at 1.04 million viewers. Black Sails season 3 premiere netted 0.843 million viewers with the season low of 0.501 (on Feb 6th and quickly rebounded the next week so sports related dip?).

Also linear numbers means live tv viewer (particularly first airing) non linear adds in DVR, streaming, on demand, etc.

NOTE: HBO airs their originals on Sunday's which has higher HUT levels than Saturday when the Starz programing aired. Starting with new season of Power, Starz will be broadcasting originals on Sunday.

I thought we were discussing the overall numbers for HBO programming vs Starz, and any other competitor, as made by your claim that after those three shows, the ratings are poor. I would disagree. And boxing is why I would disagree

We were discussing original programming (usually meaning non sports programming) but if you point me to the last HBO boxing telecast I can try to dig up those numbers.

No. The argument is just not worth finding data for and making. Just choosing to step aside. If that means you win, you win. It's cool.

Reactions: bobvick
In a way, I agree with Deadlocked.

But what makes HBO so popular is their Movie Library and their Series Library.

Starz might be getting better, But HBO has Older series that people will watch over and over again and they have so many people, that will always pick HBO.

And they Still make new series.

I've subscribed to HBO since 2002.

Starz just does have the History that HBO does.

But Boxing , I wouldn't use that as an example.
And I also wouldn't use the month of June for ratings.
Also it's a well know fact that Saturday nights are the worst nights for all tv ratiings.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

But here,
Outlander is Starz most popular series ever.

And at a viewership of only 1.04 million.
Hardly a threat to HBOs popularly
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/outlander-season-two-ratings/Outlander might be the most popular thing going on right now.

So that's where I kind of agree with Deadlocked.

But July HBO has a new series Vice Principals. And I think even a few others.

So IMO, Starz isn't a threat to HBOs popularity.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It's not MTV that people were complaining about, but the 22 other garbage channels that Viacom forces Dish to bundle with it.

Even the once-popular Comedy Central has really gone downhill in ratings.

Reactions: osu1991
No. The argument is just not worth finding data for and making. Just choosing to step aside. If that means you win, you win. It's cool.
Here I posted some data to back you up.

See I'm not always a bad guy.
You're just on my side of the tracks now.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It's not MTV that people were complaining about, but the 22 other garbage channels that Viacom forces Dish to bundle with it.

Even the once-popular Comedy Central has really gone downhill in ratings.
Yes just as many people were bitching about MTV.
I suggest you go back and look.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts