"Error" Please see Details?

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
In the system status after it runs a check sometimes I get that message. When I check "Details". There is nothing there? Is this a false positive? Most times it's just say GOOD. I check this from time to time because my new dish was installed when no leaves were on the tree's. So I am curious to see if anything pops up. Thanks.

Either a switch/cabling issue, or more likely, the tree leaves/branches are causing issues.

My sats are 72 and 61.5. I don't believe its tree's because if there is a storm or dense cloud cover. If I run a system check one or the other will be Amber instead of Green. Then I check details and it has the 5 things that could be causing that. (tree's being one) But when both are Green and it says, Error check details,, it shows nothing? I guess it could still be tree's. I have never had the signal go out yet. Even in storms. Just keeping an eye on it. Thanks :)

I don't think a system status test will detect tree leaves. I think iyt's more of a hardware test. I was getting intermittent partial signal loss message. When I ran the test, it came back that I had lnb drift. LNB's were replaced and I have no problems since.

Nope. Just blank. I have had drift issues with other Dish's. This may be a software code thing in the HWS. I am just a person who likes to know why. At least I can say the system is working without ANY problems. When the installer came out I told him where to put the new dish. When he was done he was impressed. At that time he said it was the highest signal and quality he had ever seen. Not sure on the new systems whats used to gauge that. But good to know. Has been about 7 months give or take with new system and dish. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)