Espn Is Here!!! (Official: 7 ESPN Channels added )

cyuhnke said:
The thing that has always worried me about ESPN is burn in. Shows like around the horn and PTI have bright, fixed images through the whole show. Same with the ESPN crawler. And ESPN has the crawler on the bottom that remains displayed even during commercials, ala CNBC. And I thought the new HD studio would support all Studio shows originating in Bristol, not just Sportscenter. Baseball tonight and NFL primetime are all done in the same studio. I also hope we get HD highlights when available. I have a prediction: There will be an HD crew at every single Dallas Cowboys :dev game this year. Alas, the downside of HD :river
I guess God likes the cowboys in HD. lmao

So we are talking about a glimpse of Heaven on Earth if theres an HD crew at every Dallas Cowboys Game, Right!?!? :)

go cowboys!

ESPNA and ESPNA2???

Did anyone notice that along with the ESPN channels came two new channels (something like 306 and 308 but I don't remember exactly). Yesterday they had no names but today they are showing up in the guide as ESPNA and ESPNA2 -- but they don't have any programming.

Are these desportes channels or something else?

That's interesting. Would they show multiple college football/basketball games during football/basketball season? Or would that be encroaching on the NCAA packages you can buy on other sat/cable providers.

astrossuperfan said:
These are called "alternate" channels. If a game that's on is blacked out in your area, the alternate channel may still allow you to get it.
thats cool, dont think i had that with d*

The greatest benifit having the alt. feeds of both ESPN channels is that usually on Wed. nights there's another baseball game being played on the alt. feed of ESPN or ESPN2. You get a choice of what game you want to see unless one of those teams are in your home market. Home market baseball teams are usually blackout, esp. if that game is on another TV channel in your market.

ESPN - HD 301 seems to be out on VOOM. I turned to my E* receiver and I got the signal fine but not on VOOM. Anyone else?

I am getting all the ESPN channels but no program information as to what is on. (The other program information is there) Anyone else getting program info. concerning ESPN?

Tvlman said:
I am getting all the ESPN channels but no program information as to what is on. (The other program information is there) Anyone else getting program info. concerning ESPN?

I started getting program information this afternoon. Leave your box off tonight and it will download the PG by tomorrow. If that does not work, reboot box and wait 20 minutes.

jimboeau said:
channels 210 and 211 on D* :)
I guess i did have them just never watched. I didnt like the way they grouped the HD channels together out of the packages. Never tuned into the sd ones. thanks for the correction.

Im very happy you guys are getting ESPN!! We had to do a lot of work to get it out there! I uplinked ESPN as soon as I got it from them, but it takes VOOM a day or two to update the channel map and the guide.

Sorry if this has been asked, this is getting to be a very long thread:

Why is ESPNHD in 1080i on Voom? At least that's the rez my pj is locking onto set to Auto.

DarrellP said:
Sorry if this has been asked, this is getting to be a very long thread:

Why is ESPNHD in 1080i on Voom? At least that's the rez my pj is locking onto set to Auto.

That's quite interested DarrellP. I wonder why?

I'll have to check that tomorrow morning. Is everyone else seeing the same thing?

I'm sure they can do a better job of 720p->1080i upconversion on their end, but this is not ideal for those with native 720p capability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts