ESPNU off the Sports Tier?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dsimp8

Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Any word if DirecTV will take ESPNU off the sports tier and put it in the regular lineup especially with the new SEC deal with ESPN?

I imagine this is why we don't have ESPNU HD.

I'm sure ESPN is wanting ESPNU on a more common tier, either Choice or Xtra. Having it on a premium pack gets many less subs, and thus less revenue to ESPN.

CBSCH moved recently, so we know there is hope. It will probably be contingent on when their current contract is up, or if not soon if ESPN offers more favorable terms to get it on a lower tier. Although DirecTV isn't launching much HD until D12 is up, there is still some room. I suspect if they had/could get a deal on ESPNU it would go up quickly, Directv being so focussed on sports.

Jason, there has been some talk of ESPN putting more emphasis on the U and less on Classic. Is it possible that they may swap the two channels? Classic is weak anymore so it might make sense. Put ESPNU on a more popular tier and move Classic to sports pack. Let me know what you hear.

bgilga-I would LOVE that. I used to thinkI was missing a lot when I didn't have Classic(when I had Charter). Now I hardly watch it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)