Espnu or All American Direct distants in HD

I e-mailed the AAD CEO (whose e-mail is now listed on the contact us page) and got this cookie cutter reply:

"We are currently looking at carrying an LA and Chicago HD feed. Depending upon your location, you may be eligible to receive one of those stations when we complete the process. Please check channel 240 for updates and availability."

I probed again to see if they had a date and got a "we hope very shortly".

Interesting that they decided to go to Chicago for HD and not keep their NY feed, but going to LA should make people happy.

Got another e-mail from customer service at AAD today for some reason with the following information...

"We are glad to announce that we will be providing Distant Networks in High Definition. Our owner announced a couple of weeks ago that we are just working out all the glitches and they should be available for our customers within the next month or two."

I guess all my nagging about when HD feeds would be offered got annoying enough that they tried to silence me... haha.

Got another e-mail from customer service at AAD today for some reason with the following information...

"We are glad to announce that we will be providing Distant Networks in High Definition. Our owner announced a couple of weeks ago that we are just working out all the glitches and they should be available for our customers within the next month or two."

I guess all my nagging about when HD feeds would be offered got annoying enough that they tried to silence me... haha.

If this is real, it deserves a headline!

It is real, but the final details are not ready for release yet.

Many people will be happy... that is all I can say. :)

I wonder how good the HD networks will be in picture quality considering how the sd networks look. Scott do you think this is why they are clearing the hd space on 110 sat? I mean it took 3 hd channels per transponder using mpeg 2, so they would have to rent quite few transponders to do both Chicago and L.A. in hd. Unless the pq is going to be sacrificed or they will be using mpeg 4 compression?

There's 8 HD Test Channels on 110 Transponder 17, could this possibly be the distants?

I wonder how 8 hd channels would look like in mpeg 2? Or could we hope that they will be using mpeg 4 ,since DISH is already using mpeg 4 for all hd now. It would sure look better in mpeg 4 than mpeg 2.

I don't think Dish will be launching anything else in MPEG2 hd. All future
HD will be MPEG4 HD.

I don't think Dish will be launching anything else in MPEG2 hd. All future
HD will be MPEG4 HD.

Yes but this isn't DISH its All American Direct who is renting the transponder from DISH. They could do the hd in mpeg 2 just like the sd distants if they wanted to. But as I said before the pq would definitely go to sh*t if they tried to cram 8 hd channels in mpeg 2 on one transponder.

Would I be able to subscribe to get PBS hd or CW hd distance even though I do get the big
4 local hd?

Edit: I see that they will have hd feed from 2 cities so I guess they will only be the big

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)