ESPNU

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 22, 2007
I just heard that ESPNU was being moved to a lower package starting tomorrow(30th). Any truth to that? If so, what about ESPNU HD?

If that is the case then that could very easily be related to a launch of the U in HD. Let's hope so college football season is upon us!!!!

Just an update here...

RUMOR MODE ON...

I got a call from a friend who works for ESPN about 45 minutes ago telling me that the lawsuit between Dish and ESPN was settles and that ESPNU was moving down to the Top 100 package and that ESPNU-HD could be online on Dish as soon as tomorrow afternoon.

I have called Dish to confirm this and they are checking into it, however I don't expect them to confirm it until after it launches. (You know how the official PR process works...)

So its just a rumor for now.

Scott - do we know if it is currently uplinked anywhere? I hadn't seen any speculation about it being one of the Temp channels?

Just an update here...

RUMOR MODE ON...

I got a call from a friend who works for ESPN about 45 minutes ago telling me that the lawsuit between Dish and ESPN was settles and that ESPNU was moving down to the Top 100 package and that ESPNU-HD could be online on Dish as soon as tomorrow afternoon.

I have called Dish to confirm this and they are checking into it, however I don't expect them to confirm it until after it launches. (You know how the official PR process works...)

Witout getting into "war mode" and since this is only a rumor, I would think that if Dish could ad ESPNU in HD, this would make the Direct subs a bit frustrated

Just an update here...

RUMOR MODE ON...

I don't know why I even ask, but any chance ESPNU-HD would actually make it into the TurboHD packages?

I just received word from Dish Network that ESPNU to a new lower package tomorrow. However they have no news to report at this time on ESPNU HD.

Stay tuned!

Come on Dish light her up!!!

Maybe the poster (forgot his name, sorry) who works for the U has some insight??

Just got this from Dish

Great news! ESPNU, which was previously available only in Classic Gold 250 and higher, will be available in the Classic Bronze 100 and higher programming packages effective September 30, 2009! This means that customers who subscribe to Classic Bronze 100 or higher will be able to enjoy all the college sports action ESPNU has to offer for no additional charge!
As part of this programming package change, ESPNU will also change channel numbers from Channel 148 to Channel 141, effective September 30th.

ESPNU is a 24-hour college sports network that features event programming, highlighted by approximately 300 live events (regular-season and championships). Action includes a variety of top Division I football and men's and women's basketball mixed with baseball, softball, volleyball, lacrosse, hockey, wrestling and more. ESPNU also offers comprehensive studio programming, replays of ABC Sports, ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN Regional Television games, plus specials and more.

• Please note that ESPNU is currently available in standard-definition (“SD”) only.

I noticed the other site just posted the news, but remember where you read it (and got official confirmation first.) :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)