Eurochannel is free until June 4th

multnomah

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 3, 2008
Portland, OR
Eurochannel's web page states that it has been running a free promotion, which will end on June 4th. I already subscribe, so I can't test this. Apparently it has been going on for several days, but nobody knew about it.

It's on channel 752, which I believe is only available to those of us who have 1000+ or 500+ dishes.

I like this channel. For me it's well worth the $10 a month.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Wow, that sounds like a cool channel, and I never even heard of it. I thought you were talking about Euronews at first! But still, I don't think ANY single channel is worth $10 per month. If Dish wants to sell it, they should put it on one of the normal birds, since it's subtitled in English whereas all the other international channels are aimed at speakers of other languages.

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2006
Eurochannel is on the 118 satellite. I am on the Western arc, 110, 119, 129. I can't see it.

You need to look at 118, but you need the special FSS (or dual DBS and FSS: combo 119 & 118) LNBF and the larger dish to receive the channels as 118 transmits in the lower power FSS.

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2006
Yes, Eurochannel has a lot of good programming. The movies are great, and the channel is 100% subtitled with over 50% French material. They air all manner of series. In fact, I don't have enough time to watch all that I find of interest on that channel.

I will say that the PQ at 118 is worse than it was at 148. Dish is really cramming in all those channels at 118, and it does show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)