Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Honestly.....I dont think even as HOA president I could get this to fly....although having my mortage paid would be nice

Paint My House - Adzookie

We're looking for houses to paint. In fact, paint is an understatement. We're looking for homes to turn into billboards. In exchange, we'll pay your mortgage every month for as long as your house remains painted

yellowHouse.jpg

. . . hrmmmmm . . . well not just YOUR unit... but what about the entire 6-unit building?!
Any building facing the main road, should be worth doing.
I'd ask the advertizing company, then once you have some facts, bring it up at the next HOA meeting.

We'll get you a big white solid BirdView, and let 'em paint that, too! - :D

Honestly.....I dont think even as HOA president I could get this to fly....although having my mortage paid would be nice

You know something is not right if they did allow that fugly paint job at your place and then still forbid you setting up a BUD because of it being an "eyesore"!!! :eek:

when times are tough... bet they are picky about their candidates and have a lot of crazy restrictions.

well on the site here are the rules
Here are a few things we're looking for. You must own your home. It cannot be rented or leased. We'll paint the entire outside of the house, minus the roof, the windows and any awnings. Painting will take approximately 3 - 5 days. Your house must remain painted for at least three months and may be extended up to a year. If, for any reason, you decide to cancel after three months or if we cancel the agreement with you, we'll repaint your house back to the original colors.

The best "advertising" I've seen on a house is after 9/11 someone painted their house/garage to be the American Flag :)
And their house is a big one ;)

Everybody likes free money

I was thinking.. say there are 18 units, but only 6 face the road.
If you could get everyone to vote for it (100%). ...
Ya paint 'n get the revenue for the 6 units, and put it in a pot.
The non-painted units get one share (maybe $200?), and the painted units get two or three shares ($400-600?) per month.
Everybody makes out.
Who wouldn't want a free $200 check every month?

And as for having my Birdview painted with a Dish or DirecTV advert?
For $100 - $200 a month, I'd . LET . 'EM ! - :eek:
( . . . and maybe they could throw in an HD PVR with full plan, on top of that ) - ;)

And as for having my Birdview painted with a Dish or DirecTV advert?
For $100 - $200 a month, I'd . LET . 'EM ! - :eek:
( . . . and maybe they could throw in an HD PVR with full plan, on top of that ) - ;)

Boyz I smell a tar and featherin' here real soon!!!... ;)

...Or just a good whoopin'!!! :dead

Last edited:
Boyz I smell a tar and featherin' here real soon!!!... ;)

...Or just a good whoopin'!!! :dead

As someone who has recommended the tar 'n feathers a few times, I guess it's come full circle! - :eek:

. . . But only for those using otherwise good BUDs as gazebos, solar cookers, 'n pond liners! - :rant:

Actually, what do you think John 'n Suzie Q. Public would think if they saw a DishNet or DirecTV logo on a big white solid BUD?
"OMG! I sure don't want THAT in my yard!"
"Let's get cable instead."

:D - :cool: - :rolleyes:

One house about a half hours drive away from me has "JESUS LIVES" spelt out with the shingles on its roof. (white text on a black roof) The house next to it has "SO DOES ELVIS".

Actually, what do you think John 'n Suzie Q. Public would think if they saw a DishNet or DirecTV logo on a big white solid BUD?
"OMG! I sure don't want THAT in my yard!"
"Let's get cable instead."

:D - :cool: - :rolleyes:

Hmmm. Good point! ;)

Now what do I do with a bunch of plucked chickens?!?!?!... :facepalm

* On the positive side is that everyone would be ordering C band dishes and then receivers!

* The bad side is that they might think that charlie lives at your house and torch it!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindscan PC DVB card status

It's A Wonderful Life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)