Ewtn?

taelon721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 30, 2006
I have sent e-mail to EWTN asking why they don't move their FTA channel to 97W along with the other christian stations. I am not Catholic, but I still love alot of their theological programming. EWTN was one of the first Christian stations like TBN was.

Does anyone in the industry know if EWTN is thinking about moving.? It just seems they would reach alot more people on 97W than where they are now.

I kinda wondered the same thing. EWTN is on G11 C-Band and has about 20 different feeds (Mainly language difference). Kinda wish they would move to KU :)

Petition

Maybe in the near future we can setup some type of petition drive to give to these satellite tv stations. I have already sent a PM to Glorystar1 anxiously awaiting his reply. I guess, he actually takes the weekends off to spend time with his family. He is spending way to much time watching family oriented programming, instilling family-based values.

Besides the Christian Music TV stations, I want to see EWTN and their feeds over anything else. Oh, more than 15 years ago, I used to like INSP, and found out it is still around. At 10:00 at night or so, they had a 30 minute drama with semi major actors just going through the motions with their spiritual life dealing with situations. It wasn't preachy, and it was awesome. I used to watch when I was a teen. Do you have access to it at all Iceberg?

Oh, more than 15 years ago, I used to like INSP, and found out it is still around. At 10:00 at night or so, they had a 30 minute drama with semi major actors just going through the motions with their spiritual life dealing with situations. It wasn't preachy, and it was awesome. I used to watch when I was a teen. Do you have access to it at all Iceberg?

yep :)
Both INSP & EWTN are still C-band ANALOG on G1/G15 at 133W. EWTN is also on G11 digital C-Band
Galaxy 15 at 133.0°W - LyngSat

yep :)
Both INSP & EWTN are still C-band ANALOG on G1/G15 at 133W. EWTN is also on G11 digital C-Band
Galaxy 15 at 133.0°W - LyngSat

I got two C-band dishes laying against the side of the house. Haven't made hooking one up a priority, as I am worried about tall trees. Just don't know how much of a difference the BUD and line of site will be compared to 90cm, which I don't think will have a problem.

However, in the near future, I believe we are going to make a short film involving the world of FTA and a BUD. In fact, considering a series of funny shorts involving FTA. So, excuse to put BUD up. But that is another story will put up info later.

I am envious of your setups!

Even though we are already hitting sats like 97W, I would still like to get a Glorystar system, just to see how it is laid out, and their customer support. Would like to see some FTAers post some reviews about the Glorystar equipment package.

I think with Glorystar and FTAers together, we can change the face of FTA. Imagine a collection of FTA composed of 80+ family oriented programming in one place. The big providers will be shaking in their boots. With the exception of their subscribers looking for the adult stations. <grin>

Then maybe other channels will look at going FTA also.

My Review as a Customer!

I have to say that, other than the fact that I have a hard time with a few of the Galaxy 25 channels (of which all but one are foreign anyways), I am very happy with my system. I have posted questions here on the Glorystar Forum and Glorystar1 is always quick to get me an answer. Not bad seeing I didn't even have to call actual customer service to get a satisfactory answer, I just posted here.

The AMC 4 channels are crystal clear and, onm Galaxy 25: the TBN channels, God's Learning Channel, and Daystar (usually), are pretty clear except when it rains real hard (would a cover help this???).

The equipment was easy to use and the installation was not bad, especially since I am about as mechanically inclined as a headless car mechanic. I think the problems on Galaxy 25 may just be transponder power issues, for the channels that moved over to AMC 4 worked great, AND some of the channels on Galaxy 25 do work fine.

If Glorystar could get the rest of the channels that Skyangel has (or had), Glorystar would be the perfect choice. As I said before, I woul love to see everything go on AMC4 (although it probably is not practical), or a have Galaxy 25 replaced with a more powerful bird. The monoblock which is currently being worked on would be great too, since I have two receivers here, or if all the channels did fo to AMC4, the monoblock would not really be needed since we all have two LNBFs already anyways.

Overall, aside from my brief rant, I am happy with Glorystar and am looking forward to Safe TV coming, as well as future channels. I did program in The Spirit Channel and the two The Christan Channel stations. If they could land TLC, Familyland, Liberty Channel, and somehow find a way to get GTN up on Ku (in an affordable way for them so they would consider it), and Voice of Jerusalem (radio channel) this would be platinum. Spirit TV and TVU would not be bad too.

If Skyangel was smart, they would get Ku capability and shoot Angel 1 & 2 and KTV onto Glorystar as well.

Hats off to Glorystar! :hatsoff: I definately made the right choice!

I did program in The Spirit Channel and the two The Christan Channel stations.

I read at the beginning of the forum updating the channels on the receivers via OTA supposely starting May 2007, if I remember right. Is this working? It is just mind blowing what they are doing. I am really excited about it.

Thanks for the info

Not yet, although they are still working on doing that as well as an electronic programming guide if I remember reading right. I am sure it will be shortly, they have probably been concentrating more on the monoblock. But I am looking forward to it!

I have sent e-mail to EWTN asking why they don't move their FTA channel to 97W along with the other christian stations. I am not Catholic, but I still love alot of their theological programming. EWTN was one of the first Christian stations like TBN was.

Does anyone in the industry know if EWTN is thinking about moving.? It just seems they would reach alot more people on 97W than where they are now.
I'm thinking that simply moving would alienate a huge percentage of their current viewership. Most of the people that I know who have sat systems to view a Christian station have dedicated systems. They know little about how it works, just that they turn it on and enjoy. If the station moves to another sat, many of them will quit watching because they don't know how to get the signal from another sat (probably requiring either new equipment, or at least re-aiming the dish) and they don't even know how to contact the person that set their system up years ago (if that person is still in the business)

So the question becomes, do they alienate their current viewers (and probably cause a lot of commercial consumers/rebroadcasters to whine about the change), introduce added expense in renegotiating contracts, updating/changing equipment/etc in order to make a change that puts them on a satellite where they will compete with tons of other stations? Or do they rebroadcast on the 2nd sat and double their expenses to put themselves on a sat where they compete with dozens of other stations? Or do they continue down the same path that they are comfortable with?

In order to get them to make the move, you've gotta show them the potential viewership (and convince them that they will survive within that arena). You've gotta show them a way to keep their current viewers (you certainly don't want them to disenfranchise their current viewers like some other SAtellite provider). And probably most importantly, you've gotta show them why they are going to fail if they keep doing the same thing that they're currently doing. If you can successfully demonstrate these things, I'm betting most intelligent organizations would make the decision to switch.

In order to get them to make the move, you've gotta show them the potential viewership (and convince them that they will survive within that arena). You've gotta show them a way to keep their current viewers (you certainly don't want them to disenfranchise their current viewers like some other SAtellite provider). And probably most importantly, you've gotta show them why they are going to fail if they keep doing the same thing that they're currently doing. If you can successfully demonstrate these things, I'm betting most intelligent organizations would make the decision to switch.

You brought up some really good points. If people are not paying for their television, then it would be a good idea to take that money that you would normally spend for TV and give it to several of those TV stations that you believe is doing a good job. Now, money that was being used for worldly things, is going to ministries.

But the bigger concern for me is preaching the Gospel to the lost. 97W is filled with channels from different Arab and Middle Eastern countries. They are trying to reach Westerners with stations like Saudia TV 2. It is good for Christians to view the lies on some of the stations. The Iranian president is saying one thing towards Americans here, but he is saying something totally different on the Iranian news channel, and they had English going on one of the ticker tapes at the bottom. One time, as I watched an English broadcast of a station that turned out to be on American soil....... this Imam said that "killing women and children is a military tactic". I guarantee you most of our politicians have never watched a foreign station on 97W, or their foreign policies would be different.

It is valuable to get Christian programming on those satellites. Take a look at the other FTA satellites, like the ones over Mexico and Brazil, which have collections of free Islamic television all in one place. Christians need to be doing the same thing, so the Gospel will be beamed into Islamic homes, as they are beaming their ideas into Christian homes.

I have two quotes that guide my ideas concerning outreach.

First, "Whatever it takes!" I will do whatever it takes, go whereever God tells me, to witness to the lost.

Second a famous quote, "The gospel should be preached at all times. Use words if you must." In other words, the Gospel should be preach through action, use words if you must.

God bless.....

God bless....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts