Please reply by conversation.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Another Affiliate Fight

Not sure if this is all Raycom owned affiliates but the local NBC here (owned by Raycom) is stating on the web and via a crawl that they are in dispute with DirecTV; no shock.

Please FCC!!! End the network & affiliate model ASAP! All the fight over local ad revenue is BS.

well the threads were mainly in regards to a specific local. We had one thread that someone posted some more info of it being all of them but it ended up starting and ending like WZ material.

Sounds like 12/31 may be the day they are pulled

Good riddance in my book; I am so sick of local affiliates and the mafia-like parent companies and their incessant bitching about this subject and hiding of the trues facts of the fight. Reading the Raycom website stament from my local simply made me want to vomit.. I have no use what so ever with my local NBC affiliate.

These are stations owned by Raycom, I would guess they are ALL effected in the dispute with D* when the contracts end as of 12-31-10

NBC

* KCBD - Lubbock, TX
* KHBC - Honolulu, HI
* KHNL - Honolulu, HI
* KOGG - Honolulu, HI
* KPLC - Lake Charles, LA
* WAFF - Huntsville, AL
* WALB - Albany, GA
* WAVE - Louisville, KY
* WDAM - Hattiesburg, MS
* WECT - Wilmington, NC
* WFIE - Evansville, IN
* WIS - Columbia, SC
* WLBT - Jackson, MS
* WMBF - Myrtle Beach/Florence, SC
* WMC - Memphis, TN
* WSFA - Montgomery, AL
* WWBT - Richmond, VA

CBS

* KFVS - Cape Girardeau, MO
* KGMB - Honolulu, HI
* KOLD - Tucson, AZ
* KSLA - Shreveport, LA
* WAFB - Baton Rouge, LA
* WBTV - Charlotte, NC
* WCSC - Charleston, SC
* WOIO - Cleveland, OH
* WTOC - Savannah, GA
* WTOL - Toledo, OH

ABC

* KAIT - Jonesboro, AR
* KLTV - Tyler, TX
* KTRE - Lufkin, TX
* WLOX - Biloxi, MS
* WTVM - Columbus, GA

FOX

* WBRC - Birmingham, AL
* WDFX - Dothan, AL
* WFLX - West Palm Beach, FL
* WPGX - Panama City, FL
* WTNZ - Knoxville, TN
* WXIX - Cincinnati, OH

MY TV

* KFVE - Honolulu, HI
* WBXH - Baton Rouge, LA
* WUAB - Cleveland, OH

CW

* WQWQ - Cape Girardeau, MO

Last edited:
Fox 6 in Birmingham has been running a scroll the last week or so saying to be prepared for Fox 6 to go dark on Direct if a new contract is not worked out. It would affect me as I cannot get this channel OTA.
Good thing the BCS game is not on Fox this year.

Fox 6 in Birmingham has been running a scroll the last week or so saying to be prepared for Fox 6 to go dark on Direct if a new contract is not worked out. It would affect me as I cannot get this channel OTA.
Good thing the BCS game is not on Fox this year.

Or CBS in my case, I'm in the Toledo market.

I find it interesting that Raycom owns a bit of all of the networks, I would have thought that it would be all of ONE particular network such as CBS or FOX, but they are all listed.

Or CBS in my case, I'm in the Toledo market.

I find it interesting that Raycom owns a bit of all of the networks, I would have thought that it would be all of ONE particular network such as CBS or FOX, but they are all listed.

LOL yep!! Its called being diversified to strengthen one's position!

Our Memphis local NBC will be affected. I don't watch anything on NBC so it's not going to bother me.

I heard that cable companies that have local disputes like this and don't come to an agreement can broadcast the national network. In my case NBC. Is this true? If so, why can't the sat companies get the same deal?

Yeah, looks like I may have to "move" again as our "local" Birmingham Fox is on the list.

Our Memphis local NBC will be affected. I don't watch anything on NBC so it's not going to bother me.

I heard that cable companies that have local disputes like this and don't come to an agreement can broadcast the national network. In my case NBC. Is this true? If so, why can't the sat companies get the same deal?

Because SAT is still treated as the ugly step-child vs cable companies and doesn't get them same "deals".

Local channel in charlotte

On wed night...on wbtv cbs channel 3 they had a crawl come across the screen that said wbtv will get pulled from direct on dec 31 if an agreement can't be reached...didn't know of anyone has heard anything about this

I have seen the scroll. The station is owned by Raycom. There is a thread about all the stations that are affected. The thread title is Another Affiliate Fight and it is a few topics down on the direct homepage. Hope that helps and they come to an agreement before sunday so can watch football.

Is there a a thread or master list somewhere around here that shows what affiliates are still in dispute and could possibly be dropped as of 1/1/11? I read a few weeks ago that my affiliate, WGAL here in Lancaster, PA might be dropped due to a dispute, and I haven't found anything that says it was resolved. Is there anything here I can go to find out if this has been resolved or not?

I saw it and I am so far east of the transmitter that I cant get a good signal OTA. Back in the day when I lived in a mobile home I had to open the door to let channel 3 in! Hope they fix it cause Big Bang and How I Met Your Mother are big must sees in our house.

I believe that the OP is talking about the Directv/Hearst feud. DirecTV; WGAL deal still up in the air - The York Daily Record
DirecTV; WGAL deal still up in the air

By SEAN ADKINS
Daily Record/Sunday News
Updated: 12/30/2010 09:35:32 AM EST

York, PA - For DirecTV subscribers, Friday could be the last day to catch a WGAL-TV broadcast. Hearst Television and DirecTV are negotiating a contract renewal aimed at keeping the satellite system's subscribers tuned into WGAL's signal, said Paul Quinn, general manager of WGAL.
But if the parties fail to ink a deal by Friday, WGAL will not be carried by DirecTV starting the next day, Quinn said.
Hearst Television, the parent company of WGAL, notified that station Wednesday that negotiations are still under way, he said.
"Hearst is just saying that it wants its fair share for the programs that it delivers to DirecTV," Quinn said. "We are just trying to get a fair reimbursement for our programming."
Both parties are negotiating in good faith, he said.
"We are making progress in our negotiations," said Robert Mercer, a DirecTV spokesman.

As you pointed out, WGAL is NOT a Raycom owned station, so the Raycom dispute being resolved (if and when) would not effect WGAL.

I don't have a list of Hearst stations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)