Expressvu 91 transponders

gingivitis

Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Hi, I had to reinstall my dish after moving. It's been a few months since I last use my equipment. The problem is that I am not getting any signal strength from a couple of odd numbered transponders. For example Transponder 11 is zero but transponder 10 is 90%.

My question

1. I read on here that they are now using another satellite and that I won't be able to pick up anything below Oregon. However I am picking up all the even number transponders at > 90%. If the odd number transponders are the same frequency but different voltage, doesn't that mean that I should be able to pick up the odd transponders as well?

2. Even though I have a twin, I only set it up to pick up 91. If I set it up to pick up both 91 and 82, will this give me more coverage? I don't understand how switching works? Do the satellites have the same programming and switches just picks the best reception? or they have some overlapping programming and it will switch on the non-overlapping programming.

Satellite: Expressvu 91
Dish: Dish Pro Twin LNB. it's got a big DP logo on it.
Reciever: 301

They moved most of the odd transponders to the new sattelite at 91. Some of the odd, and all the even are still at the old sattelite, that's why your not getting most of the odds.

3,5,7,9,11,25 are on the new satellite (actually its an old DirectTv satellite so that why it doesnt work real well in the US...they had to point it towards the Yukon to cover most of Canada)

Yup those are the exact transponders I can't get anymore, thank you.

As for my second question. I think I found the answer to it. I found a program listing for ExpressVu and it lists what channels are on 82 and which are on 91. There were no overlapping broadcasts, so I am at a lost for those missing transponder channels.

unfortunatelly, yes

If you're looking at www.lyngsat.com some of it is outdated. I know Bell has been moving around stuff on different TP's. The transponders on N3 (the new satellite) are
3, 7, 9, 11, 17, 21, 23, 25

Some of the channels you are probably missing
TP3 has Venus PPV
TP7 has PPV and "the score"
TP9 has Boston Networks
TP11 has WGN, TVO, CNN
TP17 has Movie channels
TP21 has Vancoucver stations
TP23 has CITY, Rogers Sports E & W, CP24 and movies
TP25 has Toronoto 1 and Rogers Pacific

The one big one, TSN, was moved from 25 to 24

Just been going crazy trying to install a receiver here and getting no signal until I decided to try a different transponder. Bingo.

Now I see that I get even ones (75-90%) but no odd ones(nada). Google brought me here and this looks like just what I needed to know. Located in Bay area California.

Would a bigger dish help?
Or do I need to point differently for this N3?
Is there a current list of what is where so I can program the receiver to skip channels instead of pausing and giving me the error screen?

TIA
Geo

Iceberg said:
unfortunatelly, yes

If you're looking at www.lyngsat.com some of it is outdated. I know Bell has been moving around stuff on different TP's. The transponders on N3 (the new satellite) are
3, 7, 9, 11, 17, 21, 23, 25

Some of the channels you are probably missing
TP3 has Venus PPV
TP7 has PPV and "the score"
TP9 has Boston Networks
TP11 has WGN, TVO, CNN
TP17 has Movie channels
TP21 has Vancoucver stations
TP23 has CITY, Rogers Sports E & W, CP24 and movies
TP25 has Toronoto 1 and Rogers Pacific

The one big one, TSN, was moved from 25 to 24

Geo said:
Just been going crazy trying to install a receiver here and getting no signal until I decided to try a different transponder. Bingo.

Now I see that I get even ones (75-90%) but no odd ones(nada). Google brought me here and this looks like just what I needed to know. Located in Bay area California.

Would a bigger dish help?
not that I';m aware of. People have used 30" dishes and still get 0
Or do I need to point differently for this N3?
nope. its in the same area as N1 (91)
Is there a current list of what is where so I can program the receiver to skip channels instead of pausing and giving me the error screen?
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/expressvu1.html

The Transponder is on the left of the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)