ExpressVu dish's days are numbered...

HappyHoser

Original poster
Dec 20, 2010
Southeast USA
So...

I haven't heard from CanAm for about 7 months when the owner was seeking funds to help him defend himself against Dish, Bell, and whoever the other player was, my credit card has expired, and I'm unable to update Bell with the new expiry date.

My dish is gonna die soon! I don't want my dish to die! I've had this thing for, pushing 10 years now.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks!

HH

HappyHoser, where are you located? Which receivers do you have? Can you"move" using a address in Canada? Do you own your receivers?

Yes, I'm fishing for an answer! I received email from RRex in May of 2010. According to that, RRex had a court date for June 3rd. After that, no updates, no pleas for help, nothing. I called CanAm the other day and got a recorded message from RRex which repeated more or less what was in the email. Obviously the message is old.

If they were seized two and a half years ago, no one has been quick to shut me off, anyway. Maybe I slipped through the cracks, or maybe they're just turning a blind eye to keep the revenue coming until the bitter end. I don't know. I do know that if I go too long without singing along to the Home Hardware theme or seeing Cherry Tabb making some ridiculous comment about high definition vision this hoser is going to have a hissy, as they say around here.

Your suspicions are understandable, but that's not what's happening here.

All of the parties (Bell, Directv, whoever) need to work it out so that services can cross the border, at least for the 1/10 of 1% of us who are willing to pay 20 or 30 percent extra for the privilege. That money could go to the content providers instead of address brokers, and everyone would be happy. Of course, that would require lawmakers to work in the interests of their constituents, and we can't have that...

Weird - I know that for DN accounts, all account details were forwarded to the owners so you could assume the accounts and manage online programing and payment options.

I thought this was done for Bell accounts too. All details would have been forwarded to the email address they had online file for you.

The account would still been under an assumed name of course...that wouldn't change but affects little when you are dealing only with the online account

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts