Extend auto shutoff from 4 hours to more?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cornflakes

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
Hi all, I have the Genie DVR (HR34?), and I was wondering if there's a way to have the power save/auto shutoff extended from the 4 hours to something higher. I love having that feature because frequently I forget to shut off the DVR, but sometimes I also leave the TV on for my dog while I'm away, and 4 hours is sometimes too short of a time. Like 6 or 8 hours would be great... Is there a hidden code or anything for that?

Hi all, I have the Genie DVR (HR34?), and I was wondering if there's a way to have the power save/auto shutoff extended from the 4 hours to something higher. I love having that feature because frequently I forget to shut off the DVR, but sometimes I also leave the TV on for my dog while I'm away, and 4 hours is sometimes too short of a time. Like 6 or 8 hours would be great... Is there a hidden code or anything for that?

Your trying to leave the DVR ON ?

If so, in the Menu to Settings/Power Saving/ On/Off
You should be able to turn the Power Saver OFF in this menu then it would stay ON all the time, till you turn it off ...

Remember, the recvr is really Never OFF entirely, but the lights will shut off ... if the unit actually shut down, then it wouldn't be able to buffer ...

Yes in trying to leave it on, but still have it automatically shutoff after a set period of time because I do forget to turn it off. But you do make a good point about the dvr being always on. So does it save any power when it's "off"?

very little if any because the unit goes into "standby" which just cuts the picture to your TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts