Extend Range of 4K Joey UHF remote control or use IR

Lucabratsi

Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
East Coast
Hi All,

I have a 4K Joey I have installed in my sunroom, and wireless beaming the 4K outside to my Pavillion TV. Problem is the UHF Remote 54 is about 10' to short for controlling the Joey.
I have my own 4K Joey. Is there a way to add an external UHF antenna to the 4K Joey? Yes, I have taken them apart and see the internal antenna strips. Soldering is OK.
Also is there any way to use the IR remote? There are IR receivers in the Joey but haven't been able to control with IR at all, even with a dish 21 IR remote.
Any help would be appreciated.
All the best,

Make sure you have IR enabled on the Joey. On your remote press Home twice and then go to settings. Once there go to Remote Control. Now go all the way to the bottom and turn Infrared Reception on. That should let you control with an IR remote.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Make sure you have IR enabled on the Joey. On your remote press Home twice and then go to settings. Once there go to Remote Control. Now go all the way to the bottom and turn Infrared Reception on. That should let you control with an IR remote.
Hello,
I tried with a few remotes with the IR remote turned on. Nothing works. Has anybody been able to control their 4K Joey with just an IR commands?

I do it every day. I control my 4K Joey with a Harmony 700 remote which is IR only.
Hi Bobby,

Thanks. For some reason I had to first factory reset the Joey, unpair the UHF remote, then first turn on the IR remote to ON,
and it started to work with the 20.1 IR remote. Then I paired with the UHF 54 remote and all is working now.
All the best,

Hi Bobby,

Thanks. For some reason I had to first factory reset the Joey, unpair the UHF remote, then first turn on the IR remote to ON,
and it started to work with the 20.1 IR remote. Then I paired with the UHF 54 remote and all is working now.
All the best,
I'm glad it worked out for you Lucabratsi! The Godfather has granted you this for your service! :D