Extra line during install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unless you have an in house tech, the cable costs US money? Why should I give you something that belongs to me just because you feel entitled to it?

I charged $35 for extra cabling and laughed (after I left the customer's home, of course) when people said they would just go buy it and install it themselves at walmart. You are not gonna get a quality splitter and RG6 at walmart for less than $35, and then you have to do the labor on your own.

$35 is peanuts, and if it is peanuts for me, then I know it is peanuts for somebody in a quarter million dollar house with 2 HDTVs. Get over yourselves, guys. Personally, I don't want ANYTHING that is free, because it is generally worth what you pay for it. :rolleyes:

I agree 100%

As a dealer/ Installer Coax cable costs us roughly $40-$60 per 1000 feet, or on average $.05 per foot and splitters cost less than $1.

You go to Rat Shack or Wall mart and buy 100 feet of pre-cut cable and your easily spending $20 plus another $5-$7 for a splitter, and maybe another $5 for a 3 foot jumper to hook up the splitter.

Then you do need a Drill and a drill bit, and if your going through any exterior wall it requires atleast a 12 inch drill bit which most people do not have, but you can buy at home Depot for another $12-20.

It costs just as much to do it yourself then to pay a tech to do it right

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)