Facebook announcement- Will make a Facebook phone in 2013

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Facebook, during it's earnings call report announced it plans to sell a Facebook smart phone and be sold in 2013. It is partnering with htc in this endeavor. Facebook will be developing it's own OS for the phone and also said it has hired ex Apple employees to develop a better Facebook app for iphone.

I'm sure we will be hearing more on these announcements in the near future but this is all I have for now.

I see another Apple law suit coming for stolen IP. Facebook is mining Apple employees for the project??? He bragged about that in the earnings call. Zuckerberg is in over his head when it comes to big business. The stock continues to fall. Glad I'm on the sidelines on this one.

Their CFO also said they have some accounting errors that indicates their member numbers are not nearly as high as they have been reporting. No estimates as to how bad this is.

It's doomed, just like the IPO for Facebook. Shares will plummet before too long I predict as people move on to the next big fad.

Zygna is just a gaming company though, Facebook's failures come from trying to do more than it's bread and butter, which is the whole social network thing.

Their challenge is monetization of mobile traffic and mitigation of possible drops in ad revenue.

Facebook isn't going anywhere. If Google couldn't supplant them, there's little reason to expect someone else is going to try and successfully replace the synergy they provide in the social realm between sharing data and connecting with people.

Zygna is just a gaming company though, Facebook's failures come from trying to do more than it's bread and butter, which is the whole social network thing.

Their challenge is monetization of mobile traffic and mitigation of possible drops in ad revenue.

Facebook isn't going anywhere. If Google couldn't supplant them, there's little reason to expect someone else is going to try and successfully replace the synergy they provide in the social realm between sharing data and connecting with people.

Exactly. Big difference.

Wasn't comparing the companies products specifics. I was comparing the stock pattern for two social media businesses. Could have used Groupon just as well.

The main purpose investors get into an IPO is to make a quick profit off the initial pop. Once the stock is on the market for a period of time the stock settles in on the true market value. Recently, all social media companies have been priced wrong at the IPO. The analysts now claim that this mobile implementation from a business perspective is priced wrong at FB and is why the stock is not worth what the market makers introduced it at.

I wasn't saying the company's technical stuff is broke. I don't know because I don't use FB. I casually follow the business side for now the same as I followed the business side of zynga and groupon. Don't use any of their services. I do have FB account to see my daughters page, but I'm not a FB addict.

Sent from my iPad3 using SatelliteGuys app

I see this failing like the Windows phones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Facebook will not go anywhere. It is a good tool for Law Enforcement, Homeland Security,and NSA. American tax dollars will always support it and google. Google itself is a branch of the NSA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts