Favorite Android Apps

I agree about the keyboard. That was something I was concerned about but it is great. It is better than the Ipod touch too, I agree.

I was wondering abou the display in the Moment, It has gotten rave reviews.

A couple more apps I like and have:

Open Table
Live football scores (nfl and ncaa)
iStockManager (for TD Ameritrade account holders)
Where
Handcent SMS
Chicktionary (addicted to it, good to pass time)
Ringdroid (for making ringtones)

I am liking Remember the Milk. I can't believe there isn't a built-in task manager. But it is good.

Also a bit surprised there is no support for Google Docs. Kind of crazy. I'll end up having to download Documents to Go.

A couple more apps I like and have:

Open Table
Live football scores (nfl and ncaa)
iStockManager (for TD Ameritrade account holders)
Where
Handcent SMS
Chicktionary (addicted to it, good to pass time)
Ringdroid (for making ringtones)

Ah, yes Handcent is a nice replacement for the built in messages app.
I used ringdroid, got my ringtones (doctor who theme), then uninstalled it. But I usually stick with ringtone, otherwise I sit there wondering what the hell that noise is, Oh damn it's my new ringtone.

Nice recommendation for WHERE. I think I'll find it pretty useful now and then.

Last edited:
I'm in the market for a new phone and am considering one of the 'Droids'. A question I have for you guys is do I need to subscribe to the verizon navigator option to use all the Android map features? Or will it work with just having a 'data' plan from Verizon?

I'm in the market for a new phone and am considering one of the 'Droids'. A question I have for you guys is do I need to subscribe to the verizon navigator option to use all the Android map features? Or will it work with just having a 'data' plan from Verizon?

It just works. NO Verizon navigator necessary. :)

Found a neat Augmented Reality app called AugSatNav. I have not experienced Google Nav yet, but this one is pretty cool.

TivoRemote is one I found last night. 99cents for a wifi based tivo remote. Works VERY well with my TivoHD's.

Last new one for me was the CNet Shopper Saavy; and a game - Labryninth Lite.

I am tempted to try SLideScreen, which I saw on AndroidCentral the other day. It is a home screen replacement, so I probably won't, but it might be worth looking at.

EDIT: Found out SlideScreen can be run just as an app and not a home replacement (I like the home screen), so I think I'll give it a try.

I downloaded SlideScreen, and it is pretty cool; although I am not using it as a home screen replacement.

If it had integration with Facebook and with non-gmail email it would be even better, but its a cool way to view a lot of information. I apparently have satguys feeds set in google reader as it brings up some satguy threads. Also pretty cool.

I downloaded SlideScreen, and it is pretty cool; although I am not using it as a home screen replacement.

If it had integration with Facebook and with non-gmail email it would be even better, but its a cool way to view a lot of information. I apparently have satguys feeds set in google reader as it brings up some satguy threads. Also pretty cool.

Anything special to get this running? I keep getting force closes on my Moment and a friend gets it on his droid too.

The page isn't coming up for me.

dunno, it works for me, don't see anything why it wouldn't come up for you. Anyone else? It's just a straight link to a normal page, nothing session related or sign-in stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts