February 2011 Price Increases

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When our DMA got locals last month, I signed up. But, I noticed that the cost for the locals was $6/month. My account still indicated Choice Extra without locals for $60.99. I just thought that $6 was a new charge. But, this DirecTV notice indicates that the prices will be $3 less if you don't have locals.
Code:
12/01  	12/31  	CHOICE XTRA - no locals Monthly  60.99	 
12/01  	12/31  	Your Local Channels Monthly       6.00
So. with the increase to $65.99 for CHOICE EXTRA w/locals I'll actually be paying $1 less.
But, the increase to $6 for the additional/leased receiver will wipe that out.

Am I misreading this?

I guess I'll wait for the Feb statement.

I got my notice of the increase in my Email today.

Everything mentioned here is exactly what was in my Email!.
My Bill went up $5 with this increase.

JD
call D* and get that changed. The price for Xtra & locals is 63.99. see attatched

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 378
I know that but right now JD is paying 66.99 for them because D* has it 2 separate line items instead of one combined

JD- just change it on the web site or call in, if you do nothing you will pay $2 more than you are paying now. You are paying $6 for locals instead of $3 because they are on your account in an ala cart type fashion. When they added them it wasn't done properly. It will be worth your phone call.

I am not sold that Premier isn't going to change.

I think they could say Premier changes up $2 like all basic packages and another $1 due to the HBO increase, thus increasing $3. For the old total choice premier subs that would be $4. I doubt that Premier is going untouched.

Hopefully we'll get clarification on Premier soon.

EDIT: I received clarification this morning that Premier will indeed not change, it will remain the same as last year.

Last edited:
I just have two words to say about this....DISH NETWORK.

Keep that stuff to the warzone, this is not for this thread. We're not even going there.

Both providers have a price increase each year, Dish just hasn't announced their changes yet. I would expect it to be similiar, and for the hope fo Dish subscribers, not as aggressive as last year was in respect to fees.

Keep that stuff to the warzone, this is not for this thread. We're not even going there.

Both providers have a price increase each year, Dish just hasn't announced their changes yet. I would expect it to be similiar, and for the hope fo Dish subscribers, not as aggressive as last year was in respect to fees.

Didn't Dish up thier recvrs to 14-18 dollars each last year ?
And thats ALL I'm gonna say about it.

Definite pot stirring going on here as the Popcorn must have got stale and hasn't come back... must have been sticking to the pan :rolleyes:

What is the cheapest package available that allows the addition of Sports Pack and ST?

Is Preferred Choice an option without an International Channel?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)