Feedback on DNW new TV SUCKS! campaign

dishinstaller

Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
Gautier, MS
I have found more negatve feedback on this campaign, and have actually recieved complaint calls from existing, and what could have been, prospective customers. Any other retailers have any input on this?

Actully when I watch the TV ad, (which I never realy listen that closely to TV Ads anyway)

I get out of it that Dish Network Sucks, not cable.

Even my young son asked, Daddy why does Dish suck? (maybe he was joking, not sure).

I think the Ads will be pulled soon.

I don't think so.. (i could be wrong though)...

I thought It goes there "My TV Sucks!" .. but "if get DISH Network TV - lol - it will NOT Suck anylonger" .. the TV won't... that is.. :D

But ya.. the ad will go away eventually... more likely sooner than later :)

Welcome home Installer to SatelliteGuys!

We have been having a big discussion about this at our sister site at http://www.dishretailer.com which is a site for retailers and installers. And most (if not all) of the comments about it have been very negative, with most refusing to run advertising for Dish Network because of the campaign.

I think their new compaign sucks as well.

I think it's hilarious, creative and attention-grabbing. But then, I live in a Blue State. When I saw the full page newspaper advertisement I just about fell off my chair laughing in the break area at work.

Most of the feedback will likely be from those offended by the work "suck".

Those who are not offended will likely not be heard from.

As is often the case, a relative handful of folks may wind up killing a terrific advertising campaign -- funny with an edge.

Great stuff, but surprised Charlie let it go out -- I had him figured for a pretty conservative, don't rock the boat kind of guy.

My wife thought it was hysterical, and she got the point without any prompting from me. I just kept my mouth shut until the commercial was over.

I'm amazed how overtly puritanical we seem to be becoming these days.

Best,

I happened to like it. My guess is most of the people who are "so offended" haven't seen the ads nor put in the effort to actually see what it is really about.

Dish does suck, it sucks the signal right out of the sky and feeds it to your TV, that's why they call it a "feedhorn".

DarrellP said:
Dish does suck, it sucks the signal right out of the sky and feeds it to your TV, that's why they call it a "feedhorn".
That's why it is so important to go after pirates. They suck signal that rightfully belongs to paying subcribers. If pirates would stop sucking signals there would be more signal for the rest of us! Perhaps enough signal to add new channels such as CSTV, NFL TV, NFLTV-HD and many more!

STOP SUCKING SIGNAL! :D

JL
And now back to reality ...

I'm offended by it because it's so stupid. Is this really the best thing they can come up with? I'm disgusted that my money pays the person who came up with this. I don't know anyone who would see these commercials and decide to join dish network, which is supposed to be the point. Watching some miserable, crabby old man get his clothes removed is not my idea of a good commercial. It's boring, it offers nothing (They act like DVR is the newest thing, er...), it's just lame.

Makes directv's "read a letter" ads seem like genius. They're short, to the point, and make sense.

Purogamer said:
I'm offended by it because it's so stupid. Is this really the best thing they can come up with? I'm disgusted that my money pays the person who came up with this. I don't know anyone who would see these commercials and decide to join dish network, which is supposed to be the point. Watching some miserable, crabby old man get his clothes removed is not my idea of a good commercial. It's boring, it offers nothing (They act like DVR is the newest thing, er...), it's just lame.

Makes directv's "read a letter" ads seem like genius. They're short, to the point, and make sense.

Do you live in a Bible-Belt state?

LOL, I agree.. :)

Come on people.. Stop whining and complaining... - IT's not that bad..
Just a humoristic thingy (..and that how you should be taking it) ...

Besides.. it won't last forever.. - it will be over .. sooner or later (sooner than later i guess, when they ll see your posts.. hehe)
But now that it's on.. It has to be on for time being...

That's all... :rolleyes:

I always thought that using the word 'suck' in an ad campaign might work out if it was a vacuum cleaning company....like for instance......"Buy our vacuum's. They really suck".........:D

However, the word 'suck' doesn't really offend me, but I guess people are gonna bitch about the campaign whether the word offends them, or just the fact that it is kind of a stupid ad campaign for Dish to run with.

Darkman said:
LOL, I agree.. :)

Come on people.. Stop whining and complaining... - IT's not that bad..
Just a humoristic thingy (..and that how you should be taking it) ...

Besides.. it won't last forever.. - it will be over .. sooner or later (sooner than later i guess, when they ll see your posts.. hehe)
But now that it's on.. It has to be on for time being...

That's all... :rolleyes:

I couldn't have said it better myself.......

David Dietzel said:
I think it's hilarious, creative and attention-grabbing. But then, I live in a Blue State. When I saw the full page newspaper advertisement I just about fell off my chair laughing in the break area at work.

Most of the feedback will likely be from those offended by the work "suck".

Those who are not offended will likely not be heard from.

As is often the case, a relative handful of folks may wind up killing a terrific advertising campaign -- funny with an edge.

Great stuff, but surprised Charlie let it go out -- I had him figured for a pretty conservative, don't rock the boat kind of guy.
Hey. I'm as "blue" as they come. I'm definitely not offended by the word "suck". It's just a bad ad campaign.
It's not funny. It's not informative. It's not entertaining.
It's immature. It's stupid. It's poorly done.

If they wanna appear that their TV is better, they simply need to make it better by offering more programming, better hardware, and lower prices than their competitors, and present that to prospective customers.

Simply saying that Coke tastes like piss will not make Pepsi any better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)