Fees increasing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mnevar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I looked into upgrading a joey to a HWS. Asked DIRT. As part of the response, he informed me the DVR fee was going up from 10->14 and the Hopper (HWS, only?) was going from 7->14. Anyone else heard this?

Generally costs go up only once per year, around February. But there are exceptions. That sounds like a pretty hefty increase.

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

Was getting ready to do my upgrade in a few minutes, but might hold off if fees are going up.

I looked into upgrading a joey to a HWS. Asked DIRT. As part of the response, he informed me the DVR fee was going up from 10->14 and the Hopper (HWS, only?) was going from 7->14. Anyone else heard this?

Generally costs go up only once per year, around February. But there are exceptions. That sounds like a pretty hefty increase.

The price increase hasn't gone into effect yet, but there will be an increase on the equipment. This is to reflect the costs associated with providing all the features that come with the Hopper. Much like how a regular solo receiver is $7, but a Duo is $14, or a Duo DVR is $17. The increase will only affect the whole-home DVR fee, and the Hopper. Joey's will remain at $7. This takes effect as of May 22nd.

The price increase hasn't gone into effect yet, but there will be an increase on the equipment. This is to reflect the costs associated with providing all the features that come with the Hopper. Much like how a regular solo receiver is $7, but a Duo is $14, or a Duo DVR is $17. The increase will only affect the whole-home DVR fee, and the Hopper. Joey's will remain at $7. This takes effect as of May 22nd.

So basically a $4 increase on the hopper and everything else stays the same for now?

So basically a $4 increase on the hopper and everything else stays the same for now?
No, the $4 increase on the DVR fee and Hopper monthly fees (after the 1st Hopper) will go up to $14 is how I read it. Will the ViP DVR fee remain at $7?

Ok so the whole home fee is increasing from $10>$14? Everything else remains the same?

2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) Hopper will go from $7 to $14, I believe, in addition to the increased whole home fee.

Glad we haven't went with the hopper then.I reckon Dish has to get more money for the sprint merger.:rolleyes:

I hope those prices arent correct.

Im paying $10 for DVR service, and $7 a pc of each Hopper (2). If those prices above are correct my bill is fixing to increase by $18? Thats some serious BS. What I want to know is I pay a good chunk of money every month, and now a hardware cost, when is Dish gonna quit spending billions on trying to buy a cell company and keep channels in HD?

This fits in well with the Joe Clayton keeping the customers happy thread...

Ill clear my recordings of the old Hopper, hook the joey back up and you can have it back.

2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) Hopper will go from $7 to $14, I believe, in addition to the increased whole home fee.

Now they are screwing over all the people who have (2) or more Hoppers.

So now a 2 Hopper system goes up $11. So if thats the case, then my logic in having 1 Genie with 5 Tuners was better than 2 (3) Tuner Hoppers.

Got to pay for the Sprint Merger somehow

DISH President and CEO Summarizes Winning Formula: Give Consumers What They Want

I'm 100% certain they don't want huge increases like that Mr.Clayton,on top of $5-$15 increases in programming in Feb.Not cool at all.

Glad we haven't went with the hopper then.I reckon Dish has to get more money for the sprint merger.:rolleyes:

I have my equipment sitting on the living room floor ready to install. I'm going to hold off, kind of disappointed at the moment.

Was going to replace a 722 feeding 3 tvs with a hws & 2 joeys. I already had a hard time convincing myself over the $17 increase, but now $21. I'm not so sure. :(

The price increase hasn't gone into effect yet, but there will be an increase on the equipment. This is to reflect the costs associated with providing all the features that come with the Hopper.

Allow me to translate. Somebody has to pay the lawyer fees and probable other fees from the Networks. Well, not somebody, more precisely you and me.

Basically, each hopper is $14 now. They just call the the fee on the 1st Hopper a 'Whole Home DVR' fee so they can say the 1st Hopper is included. Right.

Or look at it this way...remove the $10 whole home fee, and then you have $14 for each Hopper on the account, and $7 for each Joey.

So, now, if I were to replace my 722 with 1H 1J, my fees would go up by $14. I'll pass. Tipping point to cord cutting is getting closer, faster.

I have a feeling their is gonna be a huge uproar over this,rightfully so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)