Few Questions About My New Hopper Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hawk88

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
USA
Had 2 Hopper/2 Joey installed today!!! I have a few questions.

1. How do you create folders properly? (I ended up going to create a new recurring recording, then I could select what folder and there was an option to create there, but I would think there would be a more straight forward way).

2. I cannot search on one Hopper. It searches the DVR, but nothing from the guide. I seen some other threads saying that an overnight reset should fix it. So I will wait.

3. Does multiple episodes of a show go into its own list like it did on the 722? I pushed 6 episodes of one show and I put it in my wife's folder. They are all in there seperate, not in a listed view.

4. Does anyone know what kind of files (wmv, avi, mkv) does the Home Media is able to play? I need to rebuild my Home Server so I can test it.

5. I would really like to create folders on the EHD (external hard drive), especially since the view is those nice icons.

Maybe its just me, but the picture seems to be a little better. I am loving this so far!!!

One other thing I don't like is (and this kinda goes back to what Scott said in his review) is the folder setup. I created shows and put them in my folder and some in my wife's. I had the view when you went into DVR as it was on the 722, where it shows MyFolder, HerFolder, PTAT folder, and NoFolder. Two things with that, I wish there was a way to remove the NoFolder and any items that were not assigned to folders were below them, as they were on the 722. I also wish you could sort the folders the way you want. Like put HerFolder first instead of mine. Second, after I put them in that view, there is the option to see a view where you see all shows at once, which I do not want (this is the reason I made folders). So I wish there was a way to disable that view option. I answered some of my own questions above as well:
1. Still have not found.
2. Will check on this tonight
3. Yes they do.
4. ??
5. Still wishing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts