Filing alleges Dolan created fake group

Amphicar770 said:
I DO

I think that Jimmy just wanted to get out and signed the very first offer that came his way before the old man realized what he had done.

While it is a long shot, FCC could still nix the deal. They could tell CVC to sell the entire operation to someone who will maintain it as a 3rd alternative. I do not believe this will happen, but if it does the residual value will be a heck of a lot less than it was just two weeks ago.

I still hope the FCC rejects the deal, then that would put the strain back on Jimmy D. to find another way out, and also make C. Ergan upset because he could not steal Rainbow-1 and the associated licenses away from C. Dolan. :cool: If the FCC does not approve the deal, I just hope that it does not get C. Dolan in any legal issues. I feel like that he did go out on a limb for us Voomers, and I don't really care for the way he was persecuted in the rebuttal. :no

rad said:
So what prevented Charles from coming up with the $350M to do what you proposed (unless nobody bought into his 'vision')?

The fact that he couldn't buy the Sat!! Jimmy had already brokered a deal with E*!!

Vreesar said:
The fact that he couldn't buy the Sat!! Jimmy had already brokered a deal with E*!!
He still had another sat at 72, and time to make the cutover while the FCC reviewed the sale of 62.5.

Vreesar said:

So Charlie had NO idea what so ever that Jimmy was going to sell Rainbow-1 until after the fact?

rad said:
So Charlie had NO idea what so ever that Jimmy was going to sell Rainbow-1 until after the fact?

Yes, now you are getting it. :)

Do you think that the whole soap opera which ensued was because Charles was fully aware of and supported Jimmy's sale of the sat? I don't think so.

Even if Voom were never part of the equation, little Jimmy has proven himself to be a very poor businessman. He most certainly would not be in the corner office today if his last name were not Dolan. More likely he would be the sort of installer who gives installers a bad rap.

I have to say that I throughly enjoyed the biased article. The "group" is no more fake than any organization created for a specified purpose. I know of several organizations that were formed for a specific purpose because of a specific event, but that doesn't make the organizations "fake."

The Newsday article was something I would expect from a tabloid.

bryan27 said:
The Newsday article was something I would expect from a tabloid.
It is a straight report on a FCC filing, with a little research to try to get the opposing viewpoint. There was an update to the article (with a more accurate title) when more information came in.

Just because you don't agree with an article doesn't make it tabloid.

JL

Payment for Referrals

Will Receiver Still Get OTA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)